Talk

Advanced search

Ice Age 3

(16 Posts)
Arewenearlythereyet2009 Mon 08-Jun-09 13:02:46

Anyone else excited? It's out at the start of July, the trailers look hilarious! Im really looking forward to the new Ice Age movie, (the dawn of the dinosaurs) I can't wait to see it! The first two are my fave films of all time :-) I'm loving the I.A 3 behind the scenes feature in DiscoveryBox this month too http://www.discoveryboxbooks.com/june.php

GreatGooglyMoogly Mon 08-Jun-09 13:09:25

I loved the first one but was disappointed with the second. We'll definitely see the third anyway!

Notquitegrownup Fri 31-Jul-09 16:46:35

Anyone been yet? Hoping to go tomorrow - should I be guarded or excited? (Loved 1 & 2)

Wolfgirl Fri 31-Jul-09 16:51:21

A friend took her 5 year old, and had to leave after 40 mins as the boy was petrified. Not seen it myself so can't comment my end. But did like the first one smile

TrinityRhinoIsInDetention Fri 31-Jul-09 16:53:33

IT IS FABTASTIC

very funny and wonderful

my girls are 9,4 and 2 and a a half and they all loved it and so did I grin

TrinityRhinoIsInDetention Fri 31-Jul-09 16:54:19

is he easily scared by other films wolf?

DiamondHead Fri 31-Jul-09 16:54:29

I took my 6 and 4 year old.
I don't think it was particularly scary.

It was alright. The kids enjoyed it. I got a bit bored.

muffle Fri 31-Jul-09 17:00:02

DS (4) is a big fan of the series, and of dinosaurs so a big hit here. I liked it - 1 is my fave, 2 drags a bit and has no real plot, 3 is IMO back to form with a very good plot and exciting dinosaur stuff, plus the new simon pegg character is great. A bit too much tiresome Sid the sloth "funny" stuff but apart from that, fab.

Some children do seem to get very easily scared at the cinema - it can be v loud. Not my DS luckily (as I love going) but for some it might be better to just wait for the DVD.

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Fri 31-Jul-09 17:18:40

I took my 9 and 4 year old DDs and we all really enjoyed it. The dinosaurs are wonderful!

stripes200 Fri 31-Jul-09 17:25:09

We've got a free child's ticket from <whispers> Mc Donalds.

I think it was part of DD's happy meal box.

I went and had my hair done last weekend and DP looked after DD; lunch was his responsibility so they went to Mc D's hmm

Anyway, we're planing on going next week some time. I'm looking forward to it. I like the cinema even if it for a kids film smile

Wolfgirl Sat 01-Aug-09 11:21:07

MOrning, sorry had to dash. Trin... the boy I was talking of is not mine, so not sure. However, have to say that mine was scared of the first IceAge but was 4.5 when he first saw it. I guess in answer to your question, yeah.. he does get a bit flinchy with scarey stuff, so I try to monitor what he watches.

Mind you, it is a bit scarey... don't you think? not horror, guts and gore scarey, more edge of your seat scarey as in... is he gonna get eaten, scarey grin

cocolepew Sat 01-Aug-09 12:16:43

I laughed louder than my DDs blush. It's great.

JulesJules Sat 01-Aug-09 12:20:06

Took my 7yo and 4yo this week and they laughed like drains. Also the 4yo looked v funny in the oversized 3D specs. I don't think it is as good as Ice Age 1, but better than 2. The subplot involving the nut obsessed squirrel (with love interest) is very funny though, esp the tango scene...!

SlartyBartFast Sat 01-Aug-09 12:22:21

dd (9) said it was the best film she had seen grin
i managed to stay awake shock, so it can't have been that bad.

salsmum Sat 01-Aug-09 14:38:20

Excellent especially the 3D version.

muggglewump Sat 01-Aug-09 14:41:35

we saw it with free tickets from here a few weeks back and loved it.
I particularly liked the baby T-Rex's, so cute!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now