Talk

Advanced search

Terminator Salvation

(6 Posts)
Lovemyshoes Fri 05-Jun-09 19:02:20

I've been to see Terminator Salvation this afternoon, and although T2 will always be my favourite, I can say it was very very good and Sam Worthington who played Marcus is as fit as.........................

Enjoy ladies (and gents for Moon Bloodgood)

LittleWhiteWolf Tue 09-Jun-09 20:41:14

I've just been to see it (is DHs birthday and was his choice for a treat!) and I thought it was brilliant. I agree that T2 was far and away the greatest, but TS is well worth a watch! If only for the moments of realisation when things happen that were talked about in the other films! wink

sunfleurs Wed 17-Jun-09 11:54:08

I thought this was great. Christian Bale was brilliant as usual, he is my definitive John Connor now.

T3 was my least favourite and T2 I thought was the best but I think this one definitely matches up.

So good I even dreamt about Christian Bale when I went to bed last night - so it was certainly worth the price of the cinema ticket wink.....

patriciawentworthheroine Wed 17-Jun-09 22:22:11

I went to see it last weekend - finally after turning up a WEEK too early for the first showing I had booked tickets for! blush

I'm a huge Terminator fan so had to see it. IMO it's not as good as T1 (Michael Biehn: dreamy sigh) or T2 (but could not be unless a miracle happened) - anyway it's still better than T3.

Christian Bale annoyed me somewhat. Why is he so grim? Also why cast him AND Sam Worthington when they look so similar? I was forever getting confused about which was onscreen and as for the scenes they played together... My theory is they cast Bale first and then found Worthington and he was brill but they couldn't go back and tell Bale to go away.

Anyway I agree that Worthington is hot hot hot (to quote Big Cook) and the film is definitely worth seeing. Being set in the future it has far more interesting sets than T3. (Mind you T3 also suffered from characters who were wetter than something you'd find on the Waitrose fish counter AND a past his sell-by date Arnie.)

So where can they go with T5 which is apparently on the cards? To me, the only possible option is the rest of the war of the machines, right up to the point where they send Kyle Reese back in time. And where's the fun in that?

I thought it was decidely average. I was really looking forward to it so maybe I set myself up for disappointment. I don't mind a few holes and coincidences in my hollywood blockbuster but the whole film was holes.

LittleWhiteWolf Sun 21-Jun-09 08:13:51

LibrasBoF the whole concept of Terminator is full of holes! Thats part of the fun; debating how the time travel concepts and paradoxes turn about on themselves and would never work even if time travel did work!
At least it is in my house... blush We nearly bought a white board once in order to try and map out the crazy ass timeline. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now