Talk

Advanced search

Just watched Taken, with Liam Neeson

(19 Posts)
CoteDAzur Sun 26-Apr-09 20:38:35

... and DH and I are agreed that DD is not going anywhere with her friends until she is 30.

Very good film, btw.

retiredgoth2 Sun 26-Apr-09 20:39:22

But who was driving the boat??

CoteDAzur Sun 26-Apr-09 20:42:40

Exactly what DH and I asked each other.

monkeytrousers Thu 18-Jun-09 21:24:32

I agree. Really good. I was very suprised for some reason. DP even said the action scenes were good

monkeytrousers Thu 18-Jun-09 21:24:57

BTW, I think you'd love 300 Cote

elliepac Thu 18-Jun-09 21:27:06

Was slightly dubious when DH brought this home but like others was surprised. Thought provoking and confirmed my previous theory that I shall keep my children wrapped in cotton wool until they are 40.

cornsilk Thu 18-Jun-09 21:27:21

It's a great film. Liam Neeson was well hard.

brimfull Thu 18-Jun-09 21:27:23

god I know

we watched this ..and dd IS going to paris with her friends next month ...aaaargh!

cornsilk Thu 18-Jun-09 21:28:38

Lawks ggirl! Can you get her chipped or something?

brimfull Thu 18-Jun-09 21:33:31

Am going to get her to watch the film and scare the bejeezus out of her.

good idea getting her chipped though-will look into that

LeonieSoSleepy Thu 18-Jun-09 21:54:16

Message withdrawn

CoteDAzur Sat 20-Jun-09 16:43:01

ggirl - You are very brave!

CoteDAzur Sat 20-Jun-09 16:44:34

mt - Really? I wouldn't think so and didn't watch it.

WowOoo Sat 20-Jun-09 16:48:42

OOh good. It's on it's way in the post to me, so have it to look forward to.

ADealingMummy Sat 04-Jul-09 20:30:08

We thought it was a brilliant, action packed film.

hockeypuck Sun 12-Jul-09 20:46:50

DH had been put off this in the DVD shop for a while because it explicitly stated on the back that it showed prolonged torture. Finally after reading these reviews we borrowed it.

AMAZING film, the best I've seen in a long time. I was really gripped from start to finish. Neeson was awesome in it, so strong and decisive in his violence The torture wasn't as bad as other films I've seen (nowhere near as bad as Reservoir Dogs, which is the one DH hated because of the ear thing, which made him sick - teehee!!)

Made me very scared, glad DD is young, I would not have a clue what to do in that situation. Was horrible to think about the french security forces turning a blind eye.

Neeson was great when he said "they are going to take you, now listen what to do", totally took control of the situation, in a way that he couldn't normally in his daughters life due to his ex-wife and step-dad.

I liked his daughter in it, at the start of the film I commented to DH that it was nice to see a 17 year old acting like a 17 year old, rather than the OC type rubbish when they all act 30. I loved her crazy out of control run

Very moving. My only unlikeable bit was the Holly Vallance letting him in with his daughter to sing at the end - far too hollywood.

oxocube Mon 13-Jul-09 06:52:05

Fab film but very scary. I thought the organisation behind the abductions was terrifying. Also the way the people higher up in the organisation and the corrupt policemen simply saw the whole operation as a business transaction. Ds (13) flies for the first time on his own in a few weeks and I must admit I am having second thoughts having seen this.

hockeypuck Mon 13-Jul-09 07:32:19

I must admit, when that first guy at the airport was grooming them, I presumed it was because they were rich, particularly when she mentioned they had the whole floor to themselves. I was shocked when it was purely about sex, not about robbing them.

I too, will be aware of things like this as the DCs grow up.

I also wondered whether her professed virginity at the start of the film would save her in the end. In a way it did, because although it made her special to them - worth more money and therefore harder for Neeson to find her. It did mean that she hadn't been forced to work the streets yet, or killed with an overdose like her friend.

Lammie Tue 21-Jul-09 12:23:00

smileMy two children wanted to enter the What's Your News competition to win a trip to London. Whilst doing so we also had a great time looking at the website and played for at least an hour and then a further hour with the printables we used playing out a news reporting game. I would highly recommend this for those wet days in the school holidays and also as a fun activity with family when they visit. My child loved interviewing her grandparent.
www.whatsyournews.com
Have a go and let me know if you have as much fun as we did. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now