Talk

Advanced search

The Interpreter

(12 Posts)
spacedonkey Tue 26-Apr-05 15:58:14

What a load of old tosh. Nicole Kidman has had that much botox in her face she is incapable of pulling any facial expressions. V disappointing.

bosscat Tue 26-Apr-05 16:14:46

I saw this last night and didn't think it was that bad. I didn't think it was great, at points my dh laughed out loud, but I love love love Sean Penn so would watch him doing just about anything. So my movie review would be: Silly plot, Sean Penn superb, Nicole Kidman accent left a lot to be desired and bordered on irritating, she is far too skinny but I loved that bag she carried everywhere, good in parts and quite entertaining but more holes in the plot than a colander!

spacedonkey Tue 26-Apr-05 16:16:03

there wasn't any chemistry between penn and kidman though was there. I only went to see it because he was in it

bundle Tue 26-Apr-05 16:16:43

only film kidman ever looked convincing in was Flirting, imo

bosscat Tue 26-Apr-05 16:21:36

no, no chemistry between them at all, but she seemed half dead in it. she looks far too tired and washed out. she should take a break and eat a few full fat meals

tiddlypom Tue 26-Apr-05 16:39:03

I agree that Sean Penn was v good, and that the plot was rubbish. Even the advertised 'twist' was a disappointment. Also, typical Guardianista that I am, I found the film's politics distasteful. Shame.

Davros Tue 26-Apr-05 23:17:25

Thanks, have decided not to bother. I like Sean Penn too but can't think of one NK film that I think is any good...... that one on the boat with Sam Neil and Billy Zane was her last good one imo. Think I'll go to Hitchhikers Guide...

Davros Tue 26-Apr-05 23:19:12

Thanks, have decided not to bother. I like Sean Penn too but can't think of one NK film that I think is any good...... that one on the boat with Sam Neil and Billy Zane was her last good one imo. Think I'll go to Hitchhikers Guide...

Davros Tue 26-Apr-05 23:19:59

Davros Tue 26-Apr-05 23:20:31

Bugger, bugger, bugger!

MarsLady Thu 28-Apr-05 23:27:42

Davros, I enjoyed it. NK's accent bugged me for a while, but I got over it. SP was brilliant! It was a good night out. Esp as the babysitter refused to be paid and the cinema tickets were free with the Standard. Lovely!

hatsoff Thu 28-Apr-05 23:34:35

we went yesterday and I found it very hard to tell if it was any good. I quite possibly made a fool of myself by blubbering loads - not because of the film itself, but because there were things in it that made me think a lot. The whole (never really developed)thing about UNSC referall to the ICC is very topical because of Sudan. There are also lists available on the internet of people killed in Sudan so when they did the list thing at the end I couldn't take it and ended up sobbing. Not for NK or SP or made up African country. but for Sudan. I expect everyone in teh cinema just thought i was a bit of a loon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now