Talk

Advanced search

New Star Trek Movie....out yourselves ladies!

(75 Posts)
BlingDreaming Thu 16-Apr-09 09:56:13

Yup, there's a new Star Trek movie, bringing Kirk and Spock back to life. Starts in May.

I will proudly go where no Mumnetter has gone before <possibly> and say, "I love Star Trek".

Can't wait!

annaje Fri 17-Apr-09 11:39:19

Bling - I'll be going - more out of curiosity to see what 'sylar' is like as spock and you gotta love Simon Pegg........plus DH will want to go.

It was the same with Watchmen - I was the only woman in the cinema - no kidding!

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 18-Apr-09 20:53:07

grin

differentID Sat 18-Apr-09 20:54:58

I think you're wrong- there are plenty of us!grin
Can't wait.

madrose Sat 18-Apr-09 20:57:36

me too grin

imoverhere Sat 18-Apr-09 20:58:51

I'm with you there. Pretty much love any sci-fi and fantasty stuff TBH. My friends just don't get it. But I don't care, give me dodgy aliens and elves over romance anytime! grin

serenity Sat 18-Apr-09 21:14:11

My friend saw it on Thursday night (envy) and going by the slightly incoherant texts I got afterwards, I gathered;

a, it's really, really, really good

and b, Zachary Quinto as Spock is bloody fantastic

I can't wait grin

KayHarker Sat 18-Apr-09 21:15:33

I'm very keen on seeing Simon Pegg. That's all I'm sayin'

BigBellasBeerBelly Sat 18-Apr-09 21:16:28

I am so so so unbelievably excited about this amazing lifechanging event film grin

Can't wait can't wait can't wait

<wets self in fit of overexcitement>

Katisha Sat 18-Apr-09 21:18:41

I want to see it. Might have to drag DSs along. DH will be wanting to see it as well.
Live long and prosper you lot.

sfxmum Sat 18-Apr-09 21:23:53

looking forward to it, will not have to drag Dh to this our last 'date' movie was Watchmen
grin

Chaotica Sat 18-Apr-09 21:35:51

I love Star Trek too (although a good hardline trekkie would be able to tell by my name). But the films have always disappointed... But I live in hope. grin

KayHarker Sat 18-Apr-09 21:41:35

The films are usually cobblers. If this one is as good as people are saying, I might find myself pushed down the geek food-chain again as just a Who fan.

Ah well, it was fun laughing at the Trekkies while it lasted... grin

BlingDreaming Sun 19-Apr-09 16:17:11

Was starting to worry it was just me! grin

Am very excited still - about to download a ttrailer now that I'm not at work!

BigBellasBeerBelly Sun 19-Apr-09 16:25:49

Oooh if you find a trailer please can you link smile

serenity Sun 19-Apr-09 21:13:19

Loads on the official site

BigBellasBeerBelly Sun 19-Apr-09 21:47:03

Gasp!

Do you know I'm not even going to look as got to go to bed soon. I am going to save up for tomorrow night when DH and I can have a proper look.

Now that is sad grin

I've seen a 5 star review for it. I don't like Star Trek though, DH likes it (the series). Dunno if I can face watching it though may be dragged along.

sockmonkey Tue 21-Apr-09 12:30:18

I am soooooooooooooooooooo excited.
Really I am
Properly giddy.

Can't wait for may.
Mmmmm Spock grin

YanknCock Tue 21-Apr-09 18:20:34

I read somewhere that a group of real Trekkies got a surprise viewing (they thought they were there to see Wrath of Khan)....and they came out raving and saying it was better than WOK. That impresses me.

I must admit I jumped up and down in my seat and spilled my nachos on viewing the trailer! I am 32. blush

sockmonkey Wed 22-Apr-09 08:24:15

Yes I read that too.
here

Stayingsunnygirl Wed 22-Apr-09 09:22:45

Sounds like we need a mumsnet star trek night out!! I'll be going, though I am a little worried about whether the new actors will work.

And I saw something in a review about finally finding out Uhura's first name - but I thought we'd known that for years? Or perhaps it's just me, because as well as being a fan of the series and the films, I read Star Trek fan fiction too.

BlingDreaming Wed 22-Apr-09 09:25:06

StayingSunny - what kind of fan fiction? I read a whole lot of stuff but it was proper published bits which I quite enjoyed. Until the author I was following stopped writing them and I got a bit irritated! grin

We are planning a full family outing to watch it. We're such saddos. But growing up we watched star trek and star wars as a family religiously!

TrillianAstra Wed 22-Apr-09 09:38:51

It's going to have Simon Pegg? grin

I was looking forward to seeing Sylar as Spock, didn't realise we got a free Simon Pegg thrown in!

(I do prefer him when he gets to write as well as act, I must confess)

SouthernLights Wed 22-Apr-09 09:42:13

*claps hands*

REALLY looking forward to this. WoK is superb but I admit that my favourite was always The Search for Spock.

The trailer made my hair stand up a little.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now