Talk

Advanced search

For Thomcat and Marina.... mainly....

(23 Posts)
pupuce Tue 29-Mar-05 21:15:06

First of all thank you Thomcat for "Ma Mère"...
What a film (only managed to see it 2 days ago)..... I wasn't expecting that at all... Marina.... it is NOT Hollywood !!!!
Very different and quite surprising in its themes... I can't see the Brits making such a film.... can you?

Marina Tue 29-Mar-05 21:20:22

Goodness, I must CAT Thomcat, I completely forgot. It's based on a novel IIRC Pupuce?
Looking forward to it now, I'd watch Isabelle Huppert read from Les Pages Jaunes. Ever since La Dentelliere I've just thought she was the tops. Merci pupuce! Ca va chez toi?

pupuce Tue 29-Mar-05 21:34:38

Je te préviens c'est plein de sexe!!!! Ca ne parle que de ca (en gros)
Je ne m'y attendais pas !!!!

Oui tout va bien ici et chez toi?

Marina Tue 29-Mar-05 21:36:29

Faut dire j'avais entendu ca J'espere que je ne serai pas trop traumatisee...Tout va bien chez nous aussi

pupuce Wed 30-Mar-05 11:52:16

I wonder what Thomcat thought of it......

pupuce Thu 31-Mar-05 14:28:18

Is Thomcat away at the moment?

Kayleigh Thu 31-Mar-05 14:29:13

oooohhhh Marina, I'm impressed

pupuce Wed 06-Apr-05 21:29:22

Thomcat - I have been looking for you....

pupuce Wed 06-Apr-05 21:36:08

Thomcat - are you blind?

ThomCat Wed 06-Apr-05 21:42:22

Oh sorry, I'm here miss!
SO pleased you liked it, difficulkt but great.
Disturbing but beautiful.
I'm over the moon. I'd forgetten I had sent it.

So happy

ThomCat Wed 06-Apr-05 22:03:36

Come on then, let's discuss

pupuce Wed 06-Apr-05 22:04:55

Well it was not very British ....

ThomCat Wed 06-Apr-05 22:06:50

Ha, imagine anyone but the French doing that!!!!!

I thought is was beautiful but disturbing. I saw it 3 times (had to but even so...)

Isabelle Huppert is superb, Louis Garrel is wonderful.

pupuce Wed 06-Apr-05 22:09:54

My mum says Isabelle Huppert does these sorts of films... I found it disturbing .... I wasn't expecting that at all... I had no clue what the movie was about.
Glad I saw it... don't know what I think of it actually....

ThomCat Wed 06-Apr-05 22:14:27

It haunted me for days, weeks even.

Isabelle Huppert is 'the most daring actress of her generation'.

Overall, I really liked it, made me think, shocked and disturbed me. How wonderful to be made to 'feel' by a film and it stay with you.

pupuce Wed 06-Apr-05 22:15:53

very true.... so has it been released here? was it reviewed?

strugstu Wed 06-Apr-05 22:17:20

sorry to interupt, but sounds intresting, whats it about?

ThomCat Wed 06-Apr-05 22:20:05

In cinemas from 4 March, startin g at west end, averaged 2,000 a screen, which for arthouse is v good. Was reviewed in all national papers, not exactly favourably but then that's understandable. No-one really said they hated it, just that it was difficult etc. I happen to love the style of french cinema and love that it made think and feel sick and disturbed and I was still shuddering days later! DVD release 25 April, from all (good?) stockists!

pupuce Wed 06-Apr-05 22:21:10

It was so surreal though....

pupuce Wed 06-Apr-05 22:22:52

Stug... I don't know how to summarise it.... it is definitely NOT for kids.... it's about a mother and her son...

ThomCat Wed 06-Apr-05 22:25:25

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, how to describ e....
It's about a mother and her son and their relationship.
He is bought up seperated from her and when they meet he is infactuated with her. She is a hedonist and very sexual and perverse. She says if you must love me you must love and accept all of me so initiates him in the sexual world. Then withdraws leaving him in the hands of one of the young girls in her 'sex gang'. She then looses her urge to be perverse and so decides life isn't worth living and ends her life while her son masturbates over her...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll never make a film reviewer!

pupuce Wed 06-Apr-05 22:28:12

You just spoiled the ending LOL

ThomCat Wed 06-Apr-05 22:30:15

whoops!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now