Talk

Advanced search

Anyone seen HSM3 yet???

(24 Posts)
AbbaFan Fri 24-Oct-08 19:26:48

Any good?

Hulababy Fri 24-Oct-08 22:49:13

We went last night. 6yo DD and her friend enjoyed it. All the children went down tot he front of the cinema nd were dancing and singing during the last songs of the film. They loved it!

I thought it was ok actually; perfectly watchable. grin Was more film like than the previous two. And the story was a little more grown up - but still very Disney safe, with nothing alarming or of concern for young viewers. Was well down.

Was a big favourite last night with all the children in the cinema from what I could see.

janeite Fri 24-Oct-08 22:49:57

I have to take dd2 and her friend tomorrow - am dreading it and wondering if I could manage to read a book in the cinema!

KnobblyBoneForkHandles Fri 24-Oct-08 22:52:25

we went today and DD it was good, just what you would expect.

NCbirdy Fri 24-Oct-08 22:52:36

My dd and ds have seen it today both with groups of friends, both groups loved it loads so I guess a hit for the younger ones, I didnt go on the grounds that self mutilation in a cinema is considered bad form wink

janeite Sat 25-Oct-08 11:06:59

Just on the way there now. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

janeite Sat 25-Oct-08 19:40:45

If anybody was wondering - it was awful. I had to have a lie down when I got home to rest my eyes from the garishness of it all.

trefusis Sat 25-Oct-08 19:45:11

Message withdrawn

janeite Sat 25-Oct-08 19:50:56

Lucky you! If they make a 4th, dp can take her!

trefusis Sat 25-Oct-08 19:53:10

Message withdrawn

danceontherun Sat 25-Oct-08 19:58:19

I'm going tomorrow!!soo excited!!! (My age? I hear you ask, I'm 18 and I don't have any DC!!)teehee!!

Plonker Sat 25-Oct-08 19:58:21

I took my dd's today (ages 8 and 5) - we ( ...and note the 'we' here blush) LOVED it! grin

My 5 yr old was up and dancing (but then she's always up and dancing!) and i wiped a tear away at the end blush blush blush in my defence, i am an overly emotional wreck a little emotional right now ...

Have fun grin

Toots Sun 26-Oct-08 16:28:55

Disappointed. Loved the first one. Liked the second but found this really one note. Could have done with an injection of comedy and a couple of minor fun story threads to lighten the rather dreary load. And faaaaaar too many soupy Troy and Gabriella duetting moments, guess the Disney focus groups told them they were popular but I found them dreary. Of course the heavens opened on them during one snog and they laughed and ran off but they spent loads of time together in thi one so it lost that tension... I know, I know, it's a U film for tiny ones who mostly don't have much of a clue about what goes on, and certainly not the urges of real teenagers. It just all felt really flat.

Sidge Sun 26-Oct-08 16:33:27

My daughter has gone to see it today for her friend's birthday - her friend's mum (my friend) is taking 19 children to see it and then for dinner afterwards! shock

I can't imagine anything worse!

FimboGotAxed Mon 27-Oct-08 16:04:03

I saw it on Saturday.

All the teenage girls in the audience were wolf whistling at Zac Efron. grin

Moomin Mon 27-Oct-08 16:13:23

absolute pants... but Disney, harmonised, cheesy pants. Just looking across and seeing dh's face everytime Troy/Gabriella/Sharpay etc drew breath and started trilling again was worth the tocket prie alone. Dds (7 and 3) loved it.

Dd1 cried when she thought Troy and Gabriella had split up (don't think that's a HUGE spoiler is it? - It happens every film for about 20 mins so that Troy can do his Michael Jackson "Bad" video moves and punch his fists against walls / basketball courts / pickup trucks)

and lol at the attempt to make Ryan seem heterosexual this movie

Moomin Mon 27-Oct-08 16:14:41

tocket prie?? wtf am I on about!

Ticket price hmm

RubyRioja Mon 27-Oct-08 16:17:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FimboGotAxed Mon 27-Oct-08 16:19:27

Yes I agree it was painful.

Dd sat enthralled.

FimboGotAxed Mon 27-Oct-08 16:20:29

Teenagers along from us were filming it on their phones. The staff kept coming up and telling them to turn them off.

MeggyMoggy Mon 27-Oct-08 19:59:06

Saw it yesterday. LOVED IT best one of all of them. Fimbogotaxed Of course they were wolf whistling- he is the personification of fit!!

wintera Mon 27-Oct-08 22:46:57

Found a very entertaining review of HSM3. Hope you like it -

www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/markkermode/

Butkin Wed 29-Oct-08 22:05:55

Took DD (5 1/2) today - her very first trip to the cinema. We thought she'd love it as she's enjoyed the first two on DVD and it was a huge success. She sat enthralled throughout and I actually enjoyed the film myself - probably more so because I kept sneaking glances across at her as we share the popcorn bucket!

I think if you are taking kids during half term it won't be nearly as bad as you may think - just consider it a cheesy version of Grease for a younger audience.

Songs weren't as good as the previous ones though although I guess the expected repetition of them on DVD may make them more familiar in the long term.

quickdrawnandquartered Wed 29-Oct-08 22:18:10

we just came back from it and dcs both loved it.
Is it the last one?
dd was crying her eyes out because I said that it was sad it would be the last one because they wouldn't be in high school anymore.

So is it?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: