Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

King Arthur is on sky box office currently - worth watching?

(10 Posts)
handlemecarefully Mon 07-Mar-05 11:04:23

Just wondering if this film is worth watching. The Sky write up doesn't say a lot - just that it is 'battle heavy'

Mothernature Mon 07-Mar-05 11:10:36

Watched that on dvd over the weekend, yes very, very good Clive Owen is Arthur, 'not particulary getting way with a london accent', we enjoyed it anyway, dh and I, ds 15 loved it and ds2 14 and his firend thought it good too, a little bloody but what do you expect from battle scenes... maybe cheaper renting it...

catgirl Mon 07-Mar-05 11:12:08

worth watching for Ioan Gruffudd alone imho!

handlemecarefully Mon 07-Mar-05 11:16:13

I don't particularly mind bloody battle scenes - just wondering if they were substitutes for a decent plot...but doesn't sound like it from what you say.

Mothernature Mon 07-Mar-05 11:17:42

ooh was he Lancealot? surprised me when they showed the directors scence when he was taking he was welsh, or was he the smokey eyed one with the blonde hair? who was Australian?

Mothernature Mon 07-Mar-05 11:19:33

Good twist on the plot, Arthur was Roman in this one and Guinavere {sp} was a 'wode' great scenes really, can't belive that G was only 17 when she started to make the film, so mature...especially in the love scene...

catgirl Mon 07-Mar-05 11:21:18

yes, lancelot and welsh! to be honest, can't remember what the others looked liked (saw at pictures last august!)

prunegirl Mon 07-Mar-05 11:56:28

Message withdrawn

Mothernature Mon 07-Mar-05 12:03:43

Look here druel.....

catgirl Mon 07-Mar-05 12:10:42

Thanks Mothernature .

By the way, back to the film, agree a good twist on the story of King Arthur.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now