Talk

Advanced search

Unrelated - wonderful film and our friend is being discovered!

(7 Posts)
Tanee58 Thu 02-Oct-08 20:08:29

Just want to push a fantastic independent film - 'Unrelated' - which after 3 years has opened to rapturous reviews - especially for our friend Kate, (Kathryn Worth)who is the lead character, and has never done any film work before. In fact, she hasn't even acted for years, had given up hopes of ever acting again. Got the part by a fluke meeting with the director, who met her at a party and said she had the right face and manner (and the director's a lady - another coup for us women smile. It's a real fairy story. She really thought the film would sink without trace. It's a beautiful story of a middle aged woman with marital problems, who joins her best friend from school and her family for a holidy in Tuscany. Not much happens, and everything happens. Please, please see it if you like independent films - and it will strike cords with so many of us in our 40s/50s who wonder if our lives have passed us by. Oh, and if you like it, please tell me smile.

solo Thu 02-Oct-08 23:00:00

Where will we be able to see it?

Tanee58 Sat 04-Oct-08 16:36:16

Hi Solo, It has a website with all the details - if you google Unrelated, it will show you all the venues, reviews, etc. We saw it at the Screen on the Green in Islington but it's playing at several independents. Hope you manage to see it, and if so, let me know what you thought of it. Kate's had a major agent contact her this week, so we hope things will finally happen for her. Just wish a similar thing would happen for my DP smile - another major undiscovered talent grin!

Miyazaki Sat 04-Oct-08 16:38:18

Oh I heard about this on R4 recently - got a rave review. Will reserve in advance on Lovefilm.

Tanee58 Sat 04-Oct-08 16:56:42

Hope you enjoy it Miya. Yes, I'm looking forward to the DVD. It will be on my Christmas list.

BitOfFun Sat 04-Oct-08 17:17:21

I will look it up and ask my local indie if they'll show it, it sounds great. And congrats to your friend, what a lovely story!

Tanee58 Sat 04-Oct-08 17:25:26

Thanks BOF, yes, she deserves a break at last, she says all this sudden fame feels quite unreal!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now