Talk

Advanced search

The Orphanage - there will be SPOILERS as I have questions...

(7 Posts)
DrHorrible Thu 18-Sep-08 11:09:33

How did no-one in the village notice 5 orphans disappearing?

Why didn't the other women running the place do anything to stop it?

Sycamoretree Thu 18-Sep-08 17:18:09

Oh, don't get me started on this film. Everyone so hyped it up and I was like WTF??? all the way through.

I can't help you as these were my exact questions. Whole film 'bout as sophisticated as a half rice half chips.

If their bodies were in the ovens or whatever, how did they not get discovered? Wouldn't it have been much better if the mother had some repressed memory and was actually guilty of killing that boy herself all those years ago?

Joining you in a harumph.

DrHorrible Thu 18-Sep-08 17:36:44

I was wanting her to have killed him too. Although I did get some perverse pleasure in her having technically killed her son blush

I was soooooooooo disappointed, especially as the mate we were watching with had seen it already and thought it was great hmm

greenday Thu 18-Sep-08 17:40:46

Hang on, are you all talking about that Spanish / Mexican (?) movie - The Orphanage?

I really really enjoyed the movie!

And why no one noticed 5 orphans missing - I think no one cared enough and they didn't have any close relatives.

DrHorrible Thu 18-Sep-08 17:53:59

Yup, that's the one.

But it was a small village, there were a few different members of staff (enough for glasses woman to not be remembered), how did no-one notice?

wahwah Fri 19-Sep-08 18:32:51

Annoyed me too. I had my revenge by falling asleep before the end and not caring.

CaptainFlameSparrowWifeOfJack Fri 19-Sep-08 19:08:12

Ah but then you didn't get to see the shrivelled up Simon grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now