Talk

Advanced search

Seeing films on your own

(10 Posts)
MrsSprat Wed 17-Sep-08 00:59:03

inspired by Zippi's Pineapple Express question. Who else goes to the cinema on their own?

I've been doing it more recently. DH and I tag-team on stuff. I used to hate it when I was younger and would get a bit too inwardly critical of the films.

I love it now though and last night saw a film completely on my own with no-one else in the cinema shock. That was a bit surreal.

TrotSlursky Wed 17-Sep-08 01:01:18

Oooh did you feel like running up and down the rows and making shadows ion the projection?

I would have.
<immature emoticon>

claudiaschiffer Wed 17-Sep-08 01:14:35

I go to the cinema on my own too. I love it. I have a nanny who comes one afternoon a week and I occasionally slope off to the pics. Once I have got over the feeling of a total Billy-No-Mates, it's great. Just me and a couple of pensioners watching films is wonderful, I get a big Toblerone and stuff myself and sit and relax for a couple of hours. Feels wonderfully secret and self indulgent.

Like your suggestion TrotSlursky, may try it next time grin

SuperBunny Wed 17-Sep-08 01:38:55

I go on my own. It took a while to pluck up the courage to go but I love it. It feels so indulgent.

SuperBunny Wed 17-Sep-08 01:41:09

OOo, Toblerone, good idea. I don't think they sell those here though.

claudiaschiffer Wed 17-Sep-08 01:47:04

I originally got the nanny so I could have time on my own to do boring chores, shopping etc without two young kiddliewinks in tow but have decided that trips to the cinema makes me far more relaxed and happy. Next I want to see The Dutchess with Kiera Knightly, but dunno when it's coming here (Australia).

MrsSprat Wed 17-Sep-08 02:06:33

TrotSlursky - only during the trailers that inspired particular ire (Guy Ritchie, I mean you, grrr), the film was too gripping once it got going. I did have a strange philosophical moment though wondering if they still run films all the way through in empty screens. You know, a bit like wondering if the light stays on when you close the fridge door.

SuperBunny Wed 17-Sep-08 02:18:09

What was the film?

MrsSprat Wed 17-Sep-08 02:23:25

It was Traitor, the new Don Cheadle/Guy Pearce one. Very good I thought - quite Bourne-ish.

alipiggie Wed 17-Sep-08 02:40:38

When I see adult movies I always go on my own. Just saw The Women and intend on seeing Burn before Reading this week. Also saw Mamma Mia. I love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now