Talk

Advanced search

Wild Child - is it as heinous as it seems?

(6 Posts)
turquoise Sat 06-Sep-08 11:10:23

Want to take dd (10) as she's down in the dumps and it's pissing with rain, but don't know if I can physically endure an hour and a half if it's anything like the Amanda show or Unfabulous or similar.

Opinions? TIA

christywhisty Sat 06-Sep-08 22:35:04

I took dd 10 and her bf and they loved it. I thought it was going to be a bit more St Trinians, but it was more a boarding school story but at a teenage level ie including boys and the odd bit of swearing. I think I have seen the Amanda Show and it's nothing like that.
To be honest I enjoyed it as well. It' not going to win any oscars and it's very predictable but it does have some funny moments and is just harmless fun.

christywhisty Sat 06-Sep-08 22:41:45

Amiable is the word I was looking for to describe it.

Cosette Sat 06-Sep-08 22:47:36

I took DDs aged 12 and 11 and they loved it - haven't seen the Amanda Show or Unfabulous, but thought it was quite good.

turquoise Sun 07-Sep-08 19:11:07

Oh ok thanks then.

Didn't take her in the end, but may do next time if it's bearable - it just looks in the trailers as if it's full of all that awful american teen mean girls attitude, which I can't stand. If not then, fine.

Cammelia Sun 07-Sep-08 19:14:49

I went to see it with dd (11) - her choice.

Its bearable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now