Talk

Advanced search

Donnie Darko

(9 Posts)
MrsSnape Sun 17-Aug-08 11:13:12

Anyone seen this?

I remembered watching it years ago and alhough it was good, just left me feeling confused! So I bought it recently off ebay thinking as I'm older (and wiser! grin ) I'll understand it better...

Anyway watched it again and still don't get it!

Did the world really end?

Was 'Frank' all in his head or real?

DisenchantedPlusBump Sun 17-Aug-08 11:15:13

Dunno, but I love that guy in it, mmm

Didn't he change the future by doing something different or something?

<<helpful as ever!>>

Tortington Sun 17-Aug-08 11:17:08

yes i have it on dvd

i think thats the point of the film - you can watch it and watch it and watch it

and i t could mean something different

that is why its
brilliant

Dior Sun 17-Aug-08 11:18:12

Message withdrawn

lazaroulovespastries Sun 17-Aug-08 11:20:29

I LOVE this film. Agree with custardo, it can be interpreted in so many different ways.

ruty Sun 17-Aug-08 11:25:06

according to the director, it is all about dreams and alternate realities and parallell universes. Apparently. Good film though.

MrsSnape Sun 17-Aug-08 11:26:01

The best explanation I heard was that the plane falling onto the house was the point where the future could be changed.

If Donnie was not killed, everyone else died. If he was killed, everyone else lived.

This is why at the end he stays in bed when the plane falls and you see his girlfriend walking past the house etc... its to show that she would never have been killed had Donnie died, so he sarcrificed himself to save her...

They explained it better, obviously grin

filthymindedvixen Sun 17-Aug-08 11:26:21

one of me all time fave films of all time, mate

ConstanceWearing Sun 17-Aug-08 11:31:11

I really love this film. It's about alternate realities, contingency ('sliding doors' kind of moments when the future could go one way or another). Nothing's fixed, as far as I understood it.

Great theme tune, love it.

"Chut Up!!"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now