Talk

Advanced search

X Files I Want to Believe.... (aka I want to believe it's finished and I can go home!)

(12 Posts)
MadreInglese Thu 14-Aug-08 11:21:42

Tried to see the new batman last night but was sold out so we watched the new X Files instead.

Ugh

Meh

Let's just say I'll never get those 90 minutes of my life back. I can't believe we sat through such crud. Even DP who is a fan thought it was lame.

suzywong Thu 14-Aug-08 11:23:07

oh dear
is it shite?

I fancy Mulder

MadreInglese Thu 14-Aug-08 11:37:23

I just thought it was corny and predictable. None of the suspense that some of the TV episodes have.

(Mulder is a little porkier than he was and spends the first half of the film all beardy and scruffy looking like a fisherman)

It's fairly shite IMO.

suzywong Thu 14-Aug-08 11:38:26

well thanks for the shite=alert
I was going to go and see it this very evening

I'm toying with The Strangers. Seen that one?

cornsilk Thu 14-Aug-08 11:39:51

Oh no has Mulder porked out?

serenity Thu 14-Aug-08 11:42:10

I liked it, but it's definitely a talkie film rather than an action one (complete opposite to Batman grin) Could have done with a few more explosions I agree, but there was half naked Mulder, which is always a plus.

MadreInglese Thu 14-Aug-08 11:42:40

He definitely looks beefier, probably all the booze & eating out in Californication smile

serenity Thu 14-Aug-08 11:43:45

NO! Not porked out, but he's older and mor cuddly (did no one but me watch him cavorting naked in Californication? He's still got it! salacious and leery grin

serenity Thu 14-Aug-08 11:44:06

OK xpost smile

suzywong Thu 14-Aug-08 11:44:57

aw come on now that's not fair! Is the shite-ness of the film work bearing for a half-naked and well padded Mulder? Or is that a pale reward for sitting through the dross?

Hello Serenity, long time no see smile

serenity Thu 14-Aug-08 11:51:03

Hey suzy smile I'm around, just tend to lurk. I've seen you <<stalkery waggling of eyebrows>>

Oh god, please don't make me say it - no, probably mot worth going to see it at the cinema (not when the alternative is Batman anyway) I really, honestly did like it, but probably would have enjoyed leering at Brendan Fraser in The Mummy 3 more.

CoteDAzur Sun 17-Aug-08 10:29:47

Where the hell were the aliens, anyway?

Russians cut organs out. Boo hoo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now