Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone seen the Sponge Bob movie ....is it ok for a nearly 5 and nearly 3?

(11 Posts)
pepsi Sat 12-Feb-05 09:17:46

My ds nearly 5 and dd nearly 3 saw an episode of Spongebob on the TV last Sunday morning, we were actually recording it and they have asked for it all week. Thought we might take them to see the moview but Ive heard that the language is pretty poor, not swearing just I guess more teenage speak. The trailer I saw on Jonathan Ross looked good. My ds gets frightened by films so we dont think the Magic Roundabout is going to suit him, dont fancy Raging Stripes either.

pepsi Sat 12-Feb-05 11:04:50

Bump

pepsi Sat 12-Feb-05 20:18:34

sorry to be a pain, but might go and see it tommorrow. Write ups are good but cant find anything to let me know if its ok for my kids age group.

givenupforlent Sat 12-Feb-05 20:28:09

saw it last night - it was ok IMO. Perfect for a 5yo

givenupforlent Sat 12-Feb-05 20:29:01

Not as good as the programmes though

oxocube Sat 12-Feb-05 20:36:59

Going Monday. Kids find SB the best thing ever. I will retire to back row with popcorn and closed eyes

macwoozy Sat 12-Feb-05 20:39:52

I'm going to go and see it with my ds. But you might be interested to know that I just bought a dvd with 10 episodes of Spongebob for under £8 at Sainsburys

SecondhandRose Sun 13-Feb-05 08:48:07

Saw it last night, what a load of drivel. Kids loved it though (9&6). There were a few dark bits but it was all alright in the end.

suzywong Sun 13-Feb-05 08:50:42

It's OK for a nearly 4 year old and a just tuned 37 year old, ds1 and dh loved it

pepsi Wed 16-Feb-05 21:53:42

We went to see it and it was ok. Not my kind of film but both ds and dd liked it.

smileysarah Wed 16-Feb-05 21:58:43

Have not seen Sponge Bob movie, but did see The Magic Roundabout Movie at the weekend and would say that is probably more for younger children . Have twins of 7 who loved it .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now