Talk

Advanced search

WALL-E

(47 Posts)
Califrau Mon 07-Jul-08 22:40:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BoysAreLikeDogs Mon 07-Jul-08 22:42:42

Oh poo, I have resigned myself to sitting the pile of pants that will be King Fu Panda, had high hopes of WALL-E

<<sigh>>

Pruners Mon 07-Jul-08 22:45:49

Message withdrawn

Califrau Mon 07-Jul-08 22:51:53

PeaMcLean Mon 07-Jul-08 22:55:23

Thanks for the warning but DS isn't discerning enough for a crap review to put him off grin So that's me doomed for an afternoon in the school hols!

BoysAreLikeDogs Mon 07-Jul-08 22:55:41

I think I am expecting something like a cross between ET and Lassie-come-home - it's going to be a let down, innit?

lol at having a pee break and not missing nowt

grin

Clayhead Sun 13-Jul-08 22:07:09

I loved Wall E!

Thought it was very thought provoking and a touching love story.

Saw it this morning and the dc (5 & 6) have been discussing it on and off all day.

Litterbug Sun 13-Jul-08 22:09:50

We are going on Friday.

Kids already have Wall-e juice cups in preperation grin

Im quite looking forward to it, but I'm a bit simple and love kids films!

Califrau Sun 13-Jul-08 22:16:22

mellyonion Wed 16-Jul-08 17:28:23

i really really enjoyed it, as did my dh! lol smile
the kids, age 4 and 7 loved it too....

unknownrebelbang Wed 16-Jul-08 17:41:28

My lads thought it was ok, whereas I inspected the inside of my eyelids rather a lot...

BibiThree Fri 18-Jul-08 20:02:06

I enjoyed it. DD found it a bit slow, but I like gentle little films. It wasn't ground-breaking, but nice, made me smile and even shed a tiny tear at the end smile

Katisha Fri 18-Jul-08 20:04:21

Huh - all the reviews I've read in the papers so far make out that it's absolutely outstanding!

Not the case then? Better for adults?

squilly Fri 18-Jul-08 21:43:56

I loved it. My friend loved it. Kids thought it was good, but only 8.5 out of 10 for them.

Apparently it was too sad and for my delicate little dd, too loud! And we shouldn't have sat right at the front!!!!

cba Fri 18-Jul-08 21:48:05

i dont think it looks very good from the trailer. I know ds1 will be very bored with it. Now Journey to the Centre of The Earth, excellent according the boys and my mum.

It must be good as my mum does not usually enjoy kids films.

hunkermunker Fri 18-Jul-08 21:52:38

DS1 really wants to see this.

He is in love with Wall-E too, Pruners.

I'd quite like to go as well though, because it's the chance to sit down in a dark room for a couple of hours [falls asleep with head in bucket of popcorn]

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 19-Jul-08 18:32:05

Will certainly get this on BluRay when it comes out.

This is one of the best animated films I have seen in a long time.

Far superior to Ratatouille which I thought was disappointing.

BetteNoire Sat 19-Jul-08 18:34:14

loved it.
and mini film about the magician beforehand.

GrapefruitMoon Sat 19-Jul-08 19:33:18

I was a bit underwhelmed too - yes it was enjoyable but I don't think it's the sort of film I the dcs would watch over and over again like Toy Story for example...

Ds2 was probably too young for a full=length film at the cinema - he was very fidgety.

have heard good things about Kung Fu Panda but can't see us spending the best part of £30 on a family cinema trip again in the near future!

TheMadHouse Sat 19-Jul-08 19:53:04

Hope it is OK, DH is taking DS1 tomorrow, who is desperate to see it

angmarie Sun 20-Jul-08 19:16:20

We have just been this afternoon and very disappointed not at all like we expected

Marina Sun 20-Jul-08 20:42:13

I really enjoyed it. I think its depiction of a litter-choked earth and the fate of those on board the Axiom is extremely bleak for an audience of children tbh
Ds and his nine year old pal liked it OK - but they have just been doing recycling etc at school so were all Al Gored Up anyway
But it really is not funny. Too dystopian and knowing, they are back in Incredibles mode.
We all needed to watch Alvin and the Chipmunks to cheer ourselves up afterwards tbh

Marina Sun 20-Jul-08 20:45:55

Dd, four, was pretty distressed about where Fred Everett went after he switched off the warning video...

katierocket Mon 21-Jul-08 10:05:14

"usually Pixar films are quite entertaining for teh adults too"

Really interesting comment because I heard Mark Kermode reviewing this the other day and he said how refreshing it was that they had avoided the, now obligatory, jokes for the parents and that it was great to see a kids film that was essentially just that - made for kids. We're going to see it later, to be honest I'll just be glad to have hour and half in a darkened room.

TsarChasm Mon 21-Jul-08 10:08:47

' I'll just be glad to have hour and half in a darkened room.'

grinLol katierocket..I'm with you on that. I've actually dozed off quite happily in a few kids films.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now