Talk

Advanced search

The Aviator

(4 Posts)
Beetroot Fri 21-Jan-05 21:17:07

Message withdrawn

Earlybird Fri 21-Jan-05 21:31:37

I saw the movie too. Thought it was worth a trip to the cinema, and the price of a ticket.....which is saying alot for me as I've seen about one movie per year since dd was born The whole time I watched it, I kept thinking that the movie was directed well (Scorsese), has good actors (though it was jarring to hear Cate Blanchett's accent initially), and must have cost an absolute bomb as there are so many elaborate sets, costumes and scenes. Overall, a big thumbs up from me.

By the way, I think Howard Hughes became more and more of a recluse in the final years of his life and died in isolation - wealthy and eccentric.

Dior Fri 21-Jan-05 21:33:04

Message withdrawn

Earlybird Fri 21-Jan-05 21:40:59

They certainly present him that way in the movie. They show the start of his fear of germs/obsession with cleanliness in a dreamy scene of his mum warning him about illness/germs (i think during a quarantine, but came in to the cinema as this scene was underway!) in a quite hazy, and almost sexual episode (at least that was implied).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: