Talk

Advanced search

WAITRESS!!!!!!!!!!! LOVED it!!!

(17 Posts)
eenybeeny Mon 26-May-08 22:27:05

Just watched it. It came out in 2007 I think. It is sooooooooo good. Her husband is awful you totally hate him! Other than that it was lovely and totally got the whole mother love thing. Loved it!

eenybeeny Mon 26-May-08 23:05:10

anyone else seen this?

charliecat Thu 10-Jul-08 23:46:37

no, but im going to add it to my list of to watches on your recommendation

totalmisfit Mon 14-Jul-08 09:39:56

Brilliant film. That bit at the end when she finally says everything she needs to say to her husband... and i love the quirky love story between the other waitress (the one with the terrible pasty skin) and the elf-guy who just won't give up!

so sad that the director died so soon after making it. it was her first film.

charliecat Mon 14-Jul-08 09:42:18

which one is it?

totalmisfit Mon 14-Jul-08 09:45:51

The second one - by Adrienne Shelley

eenybeeny Mon 14-Jul-08 09:45:56

It's the one with Keri Russell in it.

I really loved it! I dont want to give the ending away but there is one thing I am dying to talk about so after you've seen it charliecat let me know!!! Its only a little thing just really summed up the whole film for me and made me firmly fall in love with it!

charliecat Mon 14-Jul-08 09:51:12

ok, will return

eenybeeny Tue 15-Jul-08 09:30:28

just bumping so it stays on threads I'm on til you return with a full report!

charliecat Tue 15-Jul-08 17:36:21

Ok, waiting for my mum to return without a trace then ill let you know when its here...

catweazle Tue 15-Jul-08 18:28:49

Oh I loved this film grin

Even DH and my teen boys enjoyed it.

Ewe Tue 15-Jul-08 18:35:57

I watched this and loved it! Made me really hungry whilst watching though grin

eenybeeny Wed 16-Jul-08 21:10:40

Ewe me too!!

I really want to talk about that one moment in the film but wont til Charliecat has seen it.

My DH loved it too!

charliecat Thu 17-Jul-08 22:33:58

FGS...was just coming to copy and paste my your DVD is coming email and they have sent out the 2nd without a trace dvd So few more days yet..I moved it to the top of my list, I dont know why they have ignored that very IMPORTANT fact
You lot chat, ill not nose till ive saw it....

eenybeeny Fri 18-Jul-08 08:50:43

how annoying for you charliecat! Dont lose your enthusiasm for it though it'll be worth it!

charliecat Wed 06-Aug-08 20:37:09

Hi Penny, We've just sent out the following DVDs to you: 1. Waitress (DVD) Your DVDs will arrive in a square plastic envelope. Please open this with care as it also acts as your pre-paid return envelope, and follow the instructions card carefully when you wish to return your order. If after four working days, these titles have not arrived, please contact us through our online customer services form located in our help section here: http://www.blockbuster.co.uk/framelayout/start.aspx?mainpage=/help/help.aspx Alternatively you can contact us on 0845 60 60 383 (Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm, Saturday 10am - 4pm)

AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

annaje Thu 07-Aug-08 10:02:03

I loved this film - it didn't have a big cinema release, so I've only recently seen it, but I thought it was great - very sweet and full of hope.

Nathan Fillion as the Doctor was adorable. Any Nathan fans out there should check out Serenity (if you hadn't already) - totally different film - but also good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now