Talk

Advanced search

Phantom of the Opera - The Movie

(7 Posts)
Titania Sat 11-Dec-04 15:38:26

Been waiting for AGES for it to come out........going to see it tonight....anyone seen it yet? Will post tomorrow (if my computer lets me!!!!) with a review!!!

Titania Sun 12-Dec-04 13:10:42

well we went.......it was great!! They used all the original songs and music from the stage play. I don't think that the actors sang them as well as the ones in the stage play but it was still very very good......I wasn't disappointed. They did add a bit onto the end in the film version which was good.

Eshay Sat 18-Dec-04 21:42:00

I went to see it with DS at a mums and babies morning in Clapham. I absolutely loved the stage play and had been looking forward to the movie. It was almost word for word like the stage version, so I was very happy. I was a bit surprised to see Minnie Driver but I think she did a good job being a jealous diva. I will definitely buy the DVD when it comes out. I might just go and see it again before that time. I know, i'm a bit sad, but I just love it!
DS quite liked it too as there were so many songs. It struck me that most babies were quiet when Cristine sang her songs.

Auntyquatedpresentbelated Mon 20-Dec-04 00:02:39

just returned, enjoyed it but felt a bit sad it wasnt the real thing! Thought the first 20 mins were excellent.

hazlinh Mon 20-Dec-04 03:47:20

saw it on friday nite, loved it to bits!!! admittedly i last saw the stage version some 12 years ago so my memory ain't so good and i can't really compare the two...but i love the new bit at the end!!! butler's phantom was amazing, i cried unashamedly for his tragic life in the final scenes or act as it were...maybe i just didn't have high expectations. i certainly don't regret watching the movie version

Waswondering Thu 23-Dec-04 09:26:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Titania Mon 03-Jan-05 17:10:49

emmy rossum apparently didnt see the original musical as she wanted to feel as though she was playing a fresh role rather than have to live up to the reputation of sarah brightman and all the others who have played christine.....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: