Talk

Advanced search

Harry Potter or Transformers (have seen both already)?

(7 Posts)
LowFatPumpkinJuice Mon 13-Aug-07 15:07:42

My friends is taking me to the pictures tonight as she has a rare week off from her late night job and wants to do something with it.

I've seen both films before, and she's only seen HP - albeit 3 times.

I saw transformers with DH and loved it, one of those films where even when you get it on DVD you'll be glad you saw it at the cinema!

I saw Harry Potter with her (the 1st time she saw it) and we are both a little obsessed with the whole HP phenomenon(sp).

She is saying no to Transformers as she wants to see it with her DH and DS's when it come out on DVD - and they do have a huge telly so it will be good, but not as good as the cinema.

I dont really mind which film I see, a Monday night at the cinema is a real treat, and as she is paying it's her decision. Should I keep trying to persuade her to see Transformers??? Or just go and thoroughly enjoy HP again???

LowFatPumpkinJuice Mon 13-Aug-07 15:21:56

BUMP

LowFatPumpkinJuice Mon 13-Aug-07 16:34:47

HELLOOOOOOO!

BUMP

coppertop Mon 13-Aug-07 16:37:22

I'd say that if it's rare for her to get time off then she should have the final say.

Does it have to be one or the other? Aren't there any films that you both like the look of but haven't seen yet?

LowFatPumpkinJuice Mon 13-Aug-07 16:42:00

No not that we both want to see. She does want to see the new romantic film with Kiera Knightly, but she knows and appreciates that I am not a romantic film fan and she goes to see them with a different friend.

I am her 'fat friend' and we go to see action packed films and troff on ice cream and sweets .

I think I would get more from seeing HP again, as they are so involved yuo always miss bits. Plus there's all that eye candy.
Gary Oldman, David Thewlis and Jason Issac's.

Where as in Transformers - the mighty Optimus Prime is rather sexy for a robot but after him there's just that army bloke!

coppertop Mon 13-Aug-07 16:45:55

I saw Transformers last week and would definitely agree that it's a good film to see on a big screen. LOL though at Optimus Prime's sex symbol status.

LowFatPumpkinJuice Mon 13-Aug-07 16:48:24

I know but was telling a friend at work who is a generation older than me and she agreed too!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: