Talk

Advanced search

So, what did you THINK of Shrek the Third?

(12 Posts)
ghosty Wed 04-Jul-07 08:33:25

I thought it was boring and dull. Bah Humbug.
Some bits that were worth a smile but not a patch on 1 and 2.
What did you think?

tissy Wed 04-Jul-07 08:35:15

agree, not as good as 1 and 2. Dd loved it though, especially Shrek's nightmare about the babies1

moo Wed 04-Jul-07 22:53:14

Funny that with all the hoo-hah about the trailers there are only two reviews of the actual film

Saw it this evening - some funny bits, but thought it dragged on a bit. Liked Shrek's dream and some of the one-liners made me smile.

Mike Myers' accent has improved since the first one though.

charliecat Wed 04-Jul-07 22:55:33

Not even half as good as 1 and 2.
I have bronchitus and sound just like the frog dying...

FairyBasslet Wed 04-Jul-07 23:06:32

Thought it was very poor compared to 1 and 2. I felt quite a few of the themes, eg becoming a parent and the whole college/high school bit, blatantly aimed at the parents and well over the heads of the small children I'd have expected to be the target audience.

The children (our almost 4 year old and his 4 and 5 year old friends) said they enjoyed it though so who am I to question that.

pirategirl Thu 05-Jul-07 20:29:05

was really bored tbh, my dd 5, well, seemed to be laughing much to loud at the few funny bits, to compensate for the lack of entertainment in the rest of it.

Too much adult aimed dialogue, just went over her head.

boring.

easywriter Thu 05-Jul-07 20:33:18

What a load of sh*t!

I knew I wasn't going to like it (I'm not big on that kind of movie but thought I'd take dc's) but my children didn't like it either. One of them asked to go home from about 20 minutes onwards!

Charlee Thu 05-Jul-07 20:34:21

Not as good as the others but i enjoyed it.

Hallgerda Tue 10-Jul-07 08:19:31

We took our children and five of DS3's friends to see it at the weekend for a birthday treat. We all enjoyed it (I thought it was better than No.2).

batters Tue 10-Jul-07 09:36:15

<<Hallgerda I thought I saw you on Sunday at the cinema!>>

I thought it was rather a souless experience, certainly not as good as the first 2 films. Fab CGI, a few good one liners but all in all a rather dull affair. They could have done so much with the Princesses, made them really interesting and girl powered etc, and they didn't bother. It was a nice enough way to spend a few hours, but nothing spectacular IMO. Although Puss in Boots remains the sexiest CGI character ever.

Hallgerda Wed 11-Jul-07 14:43:35

<<Ah, batters, I thought I'd seen you too! I was a bit distracted by the usual birthday party pending diplomatic crises, so a little slow with greetings...>>

I think girl-power's a bit overrated. (Moving from an expectation that princesses have nice hair to one that princesses have nice hair before and after slaying dragons isn't really progress in my book!). But I loved the old-lady power shown by the queen.

The Puss in Boots farewell scene on the quay was wonderful .

BreeVanDerCampLGJ Thu 30-Aug-07 20:34:35

I love the cat, and for some reason I always think of Edgar, Cod's cat when I see Shrek.

Strange thing is, I have never met EdgarCat. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now