Talk

Advanced search

Tell No-one

(11 Posts)
Hopeitwontbebig Mon 02-Jul-07 14:15:36

DH and I went to see this on Saturday. It's a French film with subtitles. I though it was really very very good.

Would def recommend it.

christywhisty Wed 04-Jul-07 10:44:57

Have you read the book? How does it compare

Hopeitwontbebig Wed 04-Jul-07 16:28:23

No I haven't, but would like to.

christywhisty Wed 04-Jul-07 20:46:38

It's by Harlen Coben and is a real page turner. I read it in one sitting. Would like to see this film, but not sure when I will get the chance.

Hopeitwontbebig Thu 05-Jul-07 13:52:47

Thanks for that Christy x

bargainmad Thu 05-Jul-07 14:10:09

I read it in one sitting as well - couldn't put it down. I was a bit disappointed with another of his books I read though.

I will definitely try and see it next week.

Only seen one subtitled film before - City of God, which was brilliant. Sub titles usually put me off a film for some reason.

bakedpotato Thu 05-Jul-07 14:15:40

I've read the book, and not that long ago -- but when I was in the cinema I realised I'd forgotten everything about it
I thought this was great, v classy, nicely paced, Kristin Scott Thomas was particularly ace.
Main guy looked like Dustin Hoffman which was a slight problem (have vague feeling he wrote the screenplay too, or directed, or something?)
There was one glaring absurdity in the plot tho'

bakedpotato Thu 05-Jul-07 14:17:37

no sorry, main actor did not write/direct
writer directed iyswim

bakedpotato Thu 05-Jul-07 14:19:31

ooh, ooh, writer/director was in it tho', he played Philippe Neuville
(can't remember which character that was tho')

foxinsocks Thu 05-Jul-07 14:20:39

his new book is great (In The Woods, Harlan Coben) if you haven't read it....(just like Tell No-one, you'll want to read it in one sitting!)

Hopeitwontbebig Thu 05-Jul-07 17:01:54

It was uncanny how much the lead looked like Dustin Hoffman wasn't it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now