Talk

Advanced search

Anyone seen The Santa Clause recently? (Tim Allen version)

(8 Posts)
DownWentTheFlag Fri 14-Dec-18 20:39:06

Can anyone tell me if there’s any suggestion that FC isn’t real? DS is 5 and believes wholeheartedly. As much as I loved this film as a child, I don’t want to be the one to plant a seed of doubt by watching it with him.
Thanks!

PodgeBod Fri 14-Dec-18 20:48:57

I haven't seen it recently but I remember one of the main plot points is the step father wants to discourage the little boy believing. I think he is also teased at school for believing in Santa.

NOTthepinkranger Fri 14-Dec-18 20:53:55

I used to watch this constantly when I was little, it used to confuse me if the parents didn’t believe in Father Christmas who did they think provided the presents when he obviously exists?!

I think it’ll be fine because the adults end up all believing too.

I watch it every year on Christmas Eve fgrin

DownWentTheFlag Fri 14-Dec-18 21:29:56

So glad I asked!! One to save for a few years then I think.

sweetcherrycake Fri 14-Dec-18 21:41:20

My little boy is 5 and LOVES this film! It doesn't confuse him and he doesn't ask any questions about why the adults don't believe! And he loves the other two films after this one always asking to watch them!

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Fri 14-Dec-18 21:44:00

I love this film, I was only talking about it this week. I keep getting it confused with the Dudley Moore one and being very disappointed.

AdamNichol Mon 17-Dec-18 15:20:57

The premise of the film is that the adults don't believe, and talk freely about when they lost their faith. In the meanwhile, Tim Allen competes with his son's step dad over this, keeping the magic alive.

In the meanwhile a chain of events leads Tim Allen to become Santa Clause, thus the film ends on Santa is real.

Flambola Sun 30-Dec-18 21:22:35

This is my favourite Christmas film.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: