Talk

Advanced search

What was this film? 1990s

(11 Posts)
Whatjusthappenedthere Mon 03-Dec-18 23:13:28

Ok have almost nothing to go on. Earlier or around the time of Matrix, May have starred Keane Reeves but maybe not. About gamers getting sucked into a game where they could die but were so addicted they couldn’t stop playing .Memorable scene is a group of gamers getting plugged into the game via a portal intothe flesh of their backs. Hero has to enter the game to rescue others . At the time I thought it was far fetched but clearly the makers were very forward thinking.

Been bugging me for years.

JemAppelleLafayette Mon 03-Dec-18 23:15:11

Existenz?

JemAppelleLafayette Mon 03-Dec-18 23:16:26

With Jude Law and Jennifer Connolly (I think)- haven’t seen it in years but the flesh portal thing is definitely there.

Whatjusthappenedthere Mon 03-Dec-18 23:33:28

That’s it! Blimey. I would never have got that in a million years. Thank you.

MairzyDoats Mon 03-Dec-18 23:35:10

Oh god yes, I remember that! Was quite good I thought (at the time).

ZenNudist Mon 03-Dec-18 23:41:45

I loved that film. Was a David cronenburg. I also liked his film crash.

Nousernameforme Mon 03-Dec-18 23:42:00

Argh the weird gun made from alien flesh is about all I can remember from that

JemAppelleLafayette Tue 04-Dec-18 06:29:02

No probs! I’m sure I remember getting that film out of the village paper shop at least twice. It seemed very cool in 1999.

Whatjusthappenedthere Tue 04-Dec-18 14:17:06

Thanks again Jem. My recollection of the movie was a bit off but having googled it this was definitely it. It had been bugging me for years. smile

AdamNichol Wed 05-Dec-18 12:01:53

Saw Existenz in a 2nd hand DVD shop a while back. Bought it as remembered finding it confusing back in the day. Makes more sense with a re-watch, still deliberately brain bashing though

AdamNichol Wed 05-Dec-18 12:02:18

Tooth gun anyone?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: