Talk

Advanced search

What's the easiest way to get Netflix for non techyPIL

(6 Posts)
Perren Fri 30-Nov-18 21:04:29

PIL want Netflix after being wowed by ours grin

They want it on their tv as opposed to a laptop. Tv is not a smart but only a few years old with HDMI sockets etc.

I'm not tech either but am somehow in charge of making this happen.

Is there a stick I can buy them or do they need an Apple TV box or?!

What's the cheapest easiest way to do this?!

StoorieHoose Fri 30-Nov-18 21:06:42

Firestick would be the easiest and they are still on special on Amazon. It has Netflix on as an app so they just need a subscription

BaffledMcBaffled Fri 30-Nov-18 21:09:27

Assuming they have WiFi internet then get a Roku Express stick - they were going for £20 in the Black Friday sales. Interface is v user friendly. You just need to set up a Roku account (free and easy) then choose which ‘apps’ to have on the home screen. Netflix obvs, plus they might like iplayer, channel 4 catch up etc. It plugs into the hdmi and charges via usb socket or wall plug.

BaffledMcBaffled Fri 30-Nov-18 21:11:10

Amazon Firestick also a good idea if they have amazon prime, but obviously tries to lead you to get everything via Amazon so not quite so good if they don’t.

Perren Fri 30-Nov-18 21:20:04

Thank you! I was really hoping a stick was do able! Off to have a look at both

LadyLapsang Sat 08-Dec-18 20:31:54

Isn't it going to be cheaper if you just.let them dial in on yours and you just pay the extra.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »