Talk

Advanced search

The girl in the spiders web

(4 Posts)
HowOftenDoYouClean Wed 21-Nov-18 02:53:40

I quite liked it, i haven't seen the other films in what i believe is a series, but i don't think that not having seen them means you can't follow the film. It was good to have strong female characters and an action movie which felt right in place rather than overdone. I would say i was not a fan of her fake accent, but its not something that puts me off the film after i got into it. It did feel a little long towards the end but it was intriguing enough, i would say it's unfortunate that the trailer i think gives away a bit too much about the film.

Lokisglowstickofdestiny Mon 26-Nov-18 08:26:16

It isn't as good as the other films. It's more Mission Impossible but without the budget, if you go prepared for that type of film it's entertaining enough.

ElsieCat Fri 07-Dec-18 19:18:20

We saw it last week and really enjoyed it, so yesterday we downloaded all the earlier films as we've not seen any of them before.

We had to go to bed without finishing TGWTDT. It felt like we'd been watching forever and there was still 50 minutes to go! It's really quite different in style to the latest one and the characters of both Lisbeth and the journalist are portrayed very differently so it's a bit of a leap to see them as the same people. The latest film is much more stylised and a bit more leaning towards fantasy/action genre in comparison.

We are going to finish it tonight. It's good but nowhere near as thrilling and fast paced as the current film. But also not quite as far fetched in parts either.

FadedRed Fri 07-Dec-18 19:21:52

The book was awful, so no intention to see a film of it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »