Talk

Advanced search

Widows

(14 Posts)
Sarahjconnor Sat 10-Nov-18 23:13:09

Any one else seen it? I thought it was absolutely brilliant - the acting was wonderful - Viola Davies sublime. What a treat!

Don't want to spoil it for anyone but is anyone around to discuss?

If you've not seen it go tomorrow!

maggiethecat Sun 11-Nov-18 01:17:48

Saw it tonight and was on the edge of my seat the whole time. It had so many layers but bottom line the acting was brilliant.

Will definitely see it again.

Sarahjconnor Sun 11-Nov-18 08:11:36

It’s the best film I have seen in years!

EATmum Sun 11-Nov-18 08:16:56

Amazing. She was so strong. I loved the story, the characters and the actors. One of the best action films I’ve watched in a long time.

AwkwardSquad Sun 11-Nov-18 08:22:30

Ooh, happy to read such positive reactions! Off to see it with DP this afternoon, really looking forward to it.

Sarahjconnor Sun 11-Nov-18 10:53:53

I went with DH, DS and DD. Were all loved it and it provoked really interesting discussions on the way home.

maggiethecat Sun 11-Nov-18 13:38:09

15 yo dd said it was captivating although she was a bit embarrassed with watching a sex scene with me beside her grin

Sarahjconnor Sun 11-Nov-18 17:19:31

Always mortifying! 😆

Davros Sun 11-Nov-18 18:07:43

We just got back from seeing it and really enjoyed it. I remember the original being on telly but I didn't pay much attention to it but remember the hype and the story vaguely. Did you all spot the actress who played Dolly in one of the funeral scenes?

AwkwardSquad Sun 11-Nov-18 19:10:00

Back from the cinema. We both thoroughly enjoyed it.

dingdang Sun 11-Nov-18 19:28:08

I saw this last week and thought it was fabulous!

buttybuttybutthole Mon 12-Nov-18 21:27:16

Just back from seeing it, the film had everything! Lots of gasps from the audience when the twist was revealed. Felt like I was in a rollercoaster. Very emotional too sad

Shiklah Mon 12-Nov-18 22:00:36

It was so good! I keep thunking about different scenes and the women's lives - wonderful acting.

twickletoes Wed 14-Nov-18 12:40:24

It was a slow starter and too bitty for me, the stories did come together in the end but a few non stories that made no difference to the film at all really

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »