Talk

Advanced search

The Village

(7 Posts)
Bibiboo Wed 25-Aug-04 14:44:27

Am I the only person who ISN'T going to rubbish The Village and claim I knew the twist from the start?
It got me spooked, made me jump and yes, with hindsight, if I'd been looking for the tell-=tale signs I could have guessed the twist, but why on earth after paying to go and be entertained, would I want to guess the ending?!
Sorry for rant, but all I've read are negative reviews and I thought it was good. Not groundbreaking, but the kind of film I like.

Anyone else?

emsiewill Thu 26-Aug-04 23:15:59

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! Just thought I should warn people who might read this and then be annoyed. (not that I give much away, really)

I've just got back from seeing it, and I'm afraid that I did guess the twist quite early on (although I don't have to pay to watch films, as dh is a cinema manager, so maybe it annoys me less! ).

Still quite enjoyed it, although did feel like I was waiting until the end to see if I'd guessed right. And I wanted to know whether the medicine worked, and if they all lived happily ever after! But then I always want to know that.

tammybear Thu 26-Aug-04 23:17:52

i dont actually know what it's about. something about dont go in the woods? i havent looked at the spoiler by emsiewill as i would like to see it when ever just to see what happens

tallulah Fri 27-Aug-04 17:19:05

I took my boys to see this the other night & all really enjoyed it. DS3 (12) spent the whole film grabbing my hand & we both jumped at every flash of red! I did guess the ending before it came, but not too far in advance, & like emsie says even *knowing* what was coming I still wanted to see how it would turn out. The packed cinema sat in complete silence until the credits, which is very unusual, so I think there were more people enjoyed it than didn't.

Dior Sat 05-Feb-05 21:50:17

Message withdrawn

galaxy Sat 05-Feb-05 21:51:12

Seen it and really enjoyed it. Kept me on the edge of my seat.

Dior Sat 05-Feb-05 21:57:54

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now