Talk

Advanced search

I get increasingly easy to please with age

(9 Posts)
powertripe Sat 11-Aug-18 14:07:19

Just saw The Spy Who Dumped Me. It was daft but I loved it. Honestly, sit me in a cinema seat with a glass of wine and a bag of popcorn and I’m happy with anything.

MsAmerica Wed 15-Aug-18 23:47:49

That's so funny!

I get increasingly harder to please. The more movies I see, the more impatient I am with dull, dumb, unoriginal junk.

InfiniteVariety Sat 25-Aug-18 15:04:09

I'm with you MsAmerica

FrustratedTeddyLamp Mon 03-Sep-18 06:24:39

Im mid 20s and seen about 25 films at the cinema in 2-3 months as i struggle to leave the house but ive found out im generally OK there. I think in general theres something about the cinema that makes certain films better. Having lost the wow factor that i got walking into the screen rooms ( which is a bit disappointing) im finding im more picky and critical of films i see now.

lucydogz Mon 03-Sep-18 09:40:24

I'm easy to please because i've become more selective about what I watch. I used to go and see films recommended by film critics (mark kermode) that were usually a total waste of time. That one about the avalanche, and Lobster, and the one where all the schoolgirls fainted spring to mind. All critically acclaimed. All dull or nonsensical. Or both.
So now i've stopped being culturally educated and do films that look fun or exciting.
Unfortunately I slipped up and went to see The Children's Act. Big mistake. I'm going to see the one about the Hatton Garden robbery next

MrsChollySawcutt Mon 03-Sep-18 09:59:14

I saw the the Spy Who Dumped Me with DD15, we both liked it, it's a good bit of escapist fun. We are planning to see The Children's Act tomorrow, it is really grim?

lucydogz Mon 03-Sep-18 10:30:49

Not grim. Just dull. Imo

FrustratedTeddyLamp Mon 03-Sep-18 13:05:06

See i dont think its dull i was just expecting it to be more emotional. Feel a lot of it fell flat or came across not as intended

Dowser Sun 23-Sep-18 13:26:43

I’m hard to please as I get older

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: