Talk

Advanced search

New Jurassic film - contains spoilers **Title edited by MNHQ**

(85 Posts)
Noeuf Sun 10-Jun-18 12:10:56

Anyone else seen it? Can we talk about it? Want to check if anyone saw what I thought I saw. So, spoilers allowed.

MillyTheKid Sun 10-Jun-18 12:52:08

I saw it last night with my son. What did you think you saw?

Noeuf Sun 10-Jun-18 14:16:03

Maisie's eye? Amber?

kissthealderman Sun 10-Jun-18 14:35:44

I saw it Friday. It's bloody awful but hilarious.

Well, Maisie is a clone also isn't she?

Nelly1727 Sun 10-Jun-18 14:37:35

I didn't spot that. Enjoyed the film though.

LunaTrap Sun 10-Jun-18 14:41:07

I saw it the other day with DS(10), we both loved it! I saw the camera close in on her eyes and thought it was a bit creepy but didn't notice anything in them.

Oopsy41 Sun 10-Jun-18 14:43:27

We saw it last night and loved it, didn't notice that though.

Aprilshouldhavebeenmyname Sun 10-Jun-18 14:48:58

Took dc including ds3 on the first night - slightly below high expectations but still enjoyed it!! Yes she is a clone, I suspect with a tad dinosaur in the mix also.

Noeuf Sun 10-Jun-18 14:50:51

I'm sure her eye had amber colouring. That she is part dinosaur and that's why she released them at the end and why the weird new one was drawn to her .

Aprilshouldhavebeenmyname Sun 10-Jun-18 14:52:19

Regardless of plot just glad to see Chris Pratt looking swell for a couple of hours!
grin

GobbyLino Sun 10-Jun-18 14:54:08

Can anyone tell me if it is appropriate for a 6 year old? What puts it at a 12a rating?

Byebyebye Sun 10-Jun-18 14:56:32

It has a scary chase scene with loud scary music and dinos killing people blood etc.

Depends on your child I would say.

weemouse Sun 10-Jun-18 14:58:51

Saw it last night.

The bit where Blue is in the explosion and scuds along the floor had us in stitches laughing it was so absurd, but apart from that we really liked it.

Good to Jeff Goldblums small cameo.

Good point about Maisie's eye we hadn't noticed that.

Oopsy41 Sun 10-Jun-18 14:58:53

I think it's quite graphic for a 6 year old, mine would have been really scared at that age. I am pretty soft myself but I was covering my face in parts

Noeuf Sun 10-Jun-18 15:06:43

Some twerp took a child last night which cried and shouted out so I probably wouldn't take a six year old. Some graphic stuff and some scary dinosaurs.

weemouse Sun 10-Jun-18 15:21:04

It's not for 6 year olds. I think 9 or 10 is more appropriate.

kissthealderman Sun 10-Jun-18 15:26:55

I cried at the brontosaurus left on the burning island when they were all leaving on the boat. blush

boatyardblues Sun 10-Jun-18 15:29:55

It was very tense. DS2 and I were gripping one another’s knees vice-like in mutual angst for last 30 mins.

WeaselsRising Sun 10-Jun-18 15:34:44

When we saw it there was a family in there with children who looked about 3 and 5. They had to go out of the screen several times.

Aprilshouldhavebeenmyname Sun 10-Jun-18 15:36:43

My ds is 3.8 and loved it!!

CaptainMarvelDanvers Sun 10-Jun-18 15:42:10

Is it even more ridiculous than the previous Jurassic World movie?

I’m a fan of the original and I can even tolerate the two follow ups but Jesus Christ Jurassic World is stupid.

vampirethriller Sun 10-Jun-18 15:48:13

Saw it last night. If the actors hadn't kept standing still with their mouths open staring at nothing/each other they could have cut a good half hour off the length! grin

vampirethriller Sun 10-Jun-18 15:48:50

Much more ridiculous.

TSSDNCOP Sun 10-Jun-18 15:56:26

Loved.it

I love it when the dinosaurs lean down and bite people in half, plenty of that.

Was disappointed that there weren’t more people melting in lava like in Dante’s peak and Volcano.

I also thought there’s room for The Rock in the next one.

Didn’t notice Maisie’s eye.

Loved the fuck off one in the sea!!

Gave us plenty to shriek out over!

Wouldn’t take 6 year old. No. No. No.

Also wouldn’t keep looking at your phone like my neighbour or you’ll wind up with security asking you to turn it the fuck off.

Noeuf Sun 10-Jun-18 16:36:39

We had hilarious seat hoppers in ours and mobile phones a plenty. Seat hoppers kept moving when called out on the wrong seats - I think they were changing seeing a free film and hadn't thought it would be massively booked.

Didn't stay for the end credit scene - hate having to wait til after all the boring credits.

It was a bit cliched. Rescue mission - bad guy sets them up - they all survive.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: