Talk

Advanced search

What is the worse film you've ever seen

(311 Posts)
Cookie4u Sat 17-Feb-18 23:25:44

Buried ( Ryan reynaulds) the entire film is him buried in a coffin and that's it.

TooGars Mon 14-Oct-19 14:41:04

AI , Pacific Rim and Ghosts of Mars. Utter drivel the lot of them.

TheSandman Mon 14-Oct-19 02:32:57

Prompted by this thread I've been wandering through my film diary (for the last 12 or so years I've been writing down every film I've seen and what I think of it) wondering what IS the the worst film I have ever seen.

And I found it.

It wasn't, as I first thought, A Nymphoid Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell, Teenage girls/rubber dinosaurs, no plot, Invasion Earth: The Aliens Are Here a film made up, for the most part, of trailers for old movies being shown in a cinema taken over by alien invaders with strange ideas about mind control, or even Spermula - in which French lesbians from outer-space plan to fellate the entire population of the Earth (well the men) to impotence within 24 hours. A film which includes a sequence in which a dwarf shoots down a model aeroplane with a shotgun and someone (possibly a bishop) farts a whole swimming pool of rose petals.

The worst film I have ever seen is... - (drum roll please.....) Zombie Women of Satan ! A British comedy horror from 2009 which is neither (though it is British) - the highlights of Zombie Women of Satan include a nude female wheelchair-bound zombie squirting acid from her nipples, and a prolonged sequence in which we watch a dwarf shitting in the woods... for ages.... It seriously has to be a contender for the worst film ever made. Not an accolade I throw about lightly given the vast number of Women in Prison, Spanish werewolf, Italian science fiction, and Philippine war movies I've watched.

Makes David Lynch look more appealing doesn't it, @sprite25?

Joker0fGotham Sun 13-Oct-19 23:39:22

Suicide Squad

EdWinchester Sun 13-Oct-19 13:57:21

Love Actually - we didn't even make it to the end.

sprite25 Sun 13-Oct-19 09:26:02

Anything made by David Lynch, DH is a fan but christ it's just a load of nonsense and noise trying to be 'arty'

MikeJason Sat 12-Oct-19 05:23:07

The Promise

TheSandman Sat 12-Oct-19 01:34:15

@bringincrazyback Mulholland Drive - inexplicable.

No it isn't inexplicable at all! It's actually very very very simple - the whole action of the film is a dream - the only slightly problematical thing is we're just not sure which character's dream it is - maybe it's a different character's dream each time you watch it. Mulholland Drive is one of my top 100 films of all time. I love the sense of bewilderment it gives me. Why do films have to have a linear narrative? A beginning, a middle, and an end (in that order) all neatly conforming to the Hollywood formula three act structure? They don't. That's what's so great about them.

TheSandman Sat 12-Oct-19 01:12:08

I haven't read through the whole thread, so I may be missing something, but most of the films that people are listing here seem to me to be watchable to varying degrees. There are a lot of films that have been mention that I think are just crap but at least they were shot in focus by people who had some idea - on a technical level - what they were doing.

For really bad films you need to dig deeper. There are people out there, believe it or not, who make Edward D Wood Jr - the writer director of the sublimely godawful Plan 9 From Outer Space look like David Lean.

If you want real shite I suggest you all check out the oeuvres of Al Adamson ( Psycho a Go-Go ), Ted V Mikels ( Astro-zombies ), Ted Olen Ray ( Bikini Girls from the Lost Planet ), Godfrey Ho ( Ninja Terminator ) Jerry Warren ( Teenage Zombies ), etc. etc.

When you've watched as much of that kind of crap as I have most of the films mentioned on this thread look like works of genius. Just 'cos you didn't like them doesn't mean they are bad.

peppinanna Thu 10-Oct-19 17:06:30

Saw ready or not recently in the cinema it was really awful - no plot whatsoever was more like a comedy! A very poorly executed horror

FreshwaterBay Sat 05-Oct-19 15:51:24

Enemy Mine

A 1980's film about a spaceship from earth that collides with an alien craft and both crash land on the same deserted planet. The male pilot of the alien craft is pregnant and they both become friends and raise the baby.

WTAF!

YellowSpirit Sat 05-Oct-19 09:36:59

All the horror movies that my husband likes to watch

NoProblem123 Tue 01-Oct-19 23:42:33

The Constant Gardener

Still haven’t finished it

Put me right off Ralph Fiennes too - Dull Dull Dull

Phycadelicsilhouette Mon 30-Sep-19 19:12:46

Open water.

dancerdog Sun 29-Sep-19 20:09:53

LaBelleSauvage123 Oh in the name of all that is holy, yes! Thomas and the Magic Railroad blighted our lives when our boys were young. Truly terrible, and they had it on a loop almost. Husband and I still quote some of the deathless prose

PennyNotSoWise Mon 23-Sep-19 20:06:38

I spit on your grave
Disgusting film should be banned

This! Absolutely fucking hate films that use rape, violence and humiliation of women as a plot device, especially for a film as shit as that was. Oh look, our heroine gets brutally gang raped, but it's all okay guys, because it's going to turn her in to a complete boss ass bitch hmm. Fucking loathe it, and the people who make them.

HearMeSnore Sun 22-Sep-19 19:20:18

The Fountain.

I expected it to be deep, and was in the mood for something that takes a bit of unravelling but it was beyond incomprehensible.

That and anything by Wes Anderson. I just don't get him at all. There is clearly something I'm missing because people rave about his understated genius. As far as I'm concerned it's so understated it isn't there.

MrsCasares Sat 21-Sep-19 16:00:26

Midsomer, that’s 3 hours of my life I’ll never get back.

pinkribbons Sat 21-Sep-19 11:35:11

The obsession on Netflix

bakedbeanzontoast Thu 19-Sep-19 00:42:27

I'll add that ad Astra too to the list. Awful.

IVFNewbie Wed 18-Sep-19 13:08:20

Carol. Awful.

BlueChangeling Fri 13-Sep-19 21:23:37

The Assassination of Jessie James by the coward Robert Ford.... God I'm bored even writing the title

Bobismyfriend Sun 08-Sep-19 20:55:25

Polar Express. The Hobbit. Into the woods.
Walked out of the cinema for all of them. During the Hobbit the man sat next to me fell asleep.

courtlee Sun 08-Sep-19 10:22:57

I have seen a number of crap movies on Netflix recently. "What doesn't kill you" was awful.

laylabella Sat 03-Aug-19 21:09:53

I am currently watching "all i see is you" with Blake lively on Netflix. It's appalling

homley Fri 02-Aug-19 19:47:57

My Sisters Keeper, loved the book but the film completely changed the ending!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »