Talk

Advanced search

What is the worse film you've ever seen

(311 Posts)
Cookie4u Sat 17-Feb-18 23:25:44

Buried ( Ryan reynaulds) the entire film is him buried in a coffin and that's it.

oldmum22 Fri 01-Feb-19 21:44:09

Downsizing , a pile of shite . A friend has promised to buy me a ticket to see Dlownsizing2 should it ever get made , as a wooden spoon present

AdamNichol Tue 05-Feb-19 14:54:54

Fell down a youtube hole the other day, ended up watching a series of videos called '10 things you didn't know about [x]' [x] being a movie of (mostly) 80s or 90s vintage - From Dusk to Dawn, Weird Science, Lost Boys, Krull, etc, etc.
One of them was Road House. The video mentioned Road House II, which was (randomly) on sale in HMV as a double feature with the original. OMG, what a sack of shit....manages to:
a) have not one, but two entirely illogical premises - DEA agent takes over injured uncle's bar despite knowing nothing about running a bar and having a career elsewhere; and said bar being desired by local drug runner due to its location, coz you know they couldn't just set up a shell business 2 mins down the road.
b) cartoonish bad guy who assembles an army of support despite being an inept lunatic
c) said bad guy is gifted credit for killing the protagonist of the first film (off screen), the whole thing that made the first film a slight cut above the traditional action movie. I would say spoiler alert, but frankly, if you couldn't see that one coming.....

As a measure of how bad it is. I was watching it alone, and went to kitchen to get a coke without pausing it. Remembered it was still running 10 mins into doing the washing up.

longwayoff Wed 06-Feb-19 22:12:30

A British film so bad I can't remember its name or who was in it. All that is left of it in my memory bank is a scene with Kathy Burke and Robert Carlyle, brother and sister, she being furious with him and, I think, throwing him out.
Who knows what happened in the rest of it?

Whisky2014 Wed 06-Feb-19 22:13:18

Room. Fucking shit

Whisky2014 Wed 06-Feb-19 22:17:26

@Sarahandduck18

True lies?! It's a bloody classic!

Whisky2014 Wed 06-Feb-19 22:18:16

@oldmum22 downsizing was crap..I was really looking forward to it and it was such a let down.

LaBelleSauvage123 Wed 06-Feb-19 22:22:42

Thomas and the Magic Railroad. By a country mile.

Mycathatesme Wed 06-Feb-19 22:24:12

Yes, Downsizing, marketed as a light satirical comedy, was actually a dull as fuck sort of dystopian scifi 'thriller'.

And half the scenes in the trailer were not in the film.

Corneliawildthing Wed 06-Feb-19 22:29:41

I absolutely hated Mama Mia - thought it was the naffest pile of old tosh I'd ever seen despite workmates raving about it and going to see it several times........ and then they brought out Mama Mia 2 hmm

Any film described as "feelgood" isn't my cup of tea,

Redshoeblueshoe Wed 06-Feb-19 22:50:45

I saw a film about Nazis on the moon. It was shite

Cattenberg Wed 06-Feb-19 23:28:42

I hated Moulin Rouge! (not to be confused with Moulin Rouge, starring Jose Ferrar, which was OK). It looked great and had some big name actors, but I thought it was a cringeworthy, unconvincing, incoherent mess.

I have a friend who spends most of his free time watching films. Even on foreign holidays. I believe his least favourite film of all time is The Spice Girls Movie.

Moralitym1n1 Sun 24-Feb-19 23:58:56

The posts on this thread have been cracking me up

I'll add Alexander (the one with Colin Farrell).

sushisuperstar Mon 25-Feb-19 00:17:57

I'll add the latest Lego film to the list.

Itsnotme123 Fri 12-Apr-19 13:00:20

I took my kids to see Rocky and Bullwinkle. It’s DIRE. No story line, just noise all the way through. I don’t think the kids liked it much either.

Lozz22 Tue 16-Apr-19 18:15:52

The Grand Budapest hotel. Utter shite!! Spent pretty much the whole film asleep as apparently did half the cinema as well!!

SallyGreen Wed 24-Apr-19 12:24:26

I don't know why but the worst film for me was the Fantom Thread. It was just terrible!

Frannibananni Wed 08-May-19 19:57:33

Bad boy bubbly. Fucking awful.

Gth1234 Mon 27-May-19 17:08:29

Rollerball

(the appalling remake, not the wonderful Norman Jewison original)

bessieval Tue 28-May-19 21:36:36

Imagine Me and You (2005).
Named after the song, it was utter shi**.
Terrible in every way.

gtmpella Thu 30-May-19 02:30:41

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

tresbe Thu 30-May-19 12:11:14

The Neighbour watched it on Now TV recently literally NOTHING HAPPENED it was complete crap.

blowsit Fri 31-May-19 08:39:19

I second I spit on your grave. Absolutely vile and pointless

EnidButton Wed 12-Jun-19 01:37:03

I just watched it.

The Perfection, on Netflix. Disturbing awful themes, appalling writing, hammy writing, terrible videography, even the lighting is bad. It's a complete waste of time, tries too hard and achieves very little. You don't care about the characters at all but given the plot you really should. It's cliched, terrible rubbish. I've watched some shit in my time but this one took the entire biscuit barrel and ran away with it.

EnidButton Wed 12-Jun-19 01:37:55

Hammy writing = hammy acting.

Although if it's possibly to write hammy then it did that too.

EnidButton Wed 12-Jun-19 01:39:26

I also meant cinematography. Honestly it's so bad it's triggered my brain fog.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »