Talk

Advanced search

Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again!

(12 Posts)
yawning801 Wed 14-Feb-18 20:37:10

Excited? Due for release on July 20th I believe. From the trailer we can conclude that they've put in Angeleyes and Fernando, and Cher.

Slartybartfast Thu 15-Feb-18 08:11:49

oh not for ages [stomps foot]

flapjackfairy Thu 15-Feb-18 08:16:39

I seem to be the only person on the planet who really dislikes this film. Whenever i dare to express that opinion i am met wirh howls of protest and incredulity. I must be a freak but i have sat through it twice with dds who wanted me to watch it and once on a bus trip. It made the trip feel v long ! I just dont get the love for it myself but yawning july will be here before you can blink so hope you and all fellow mm lovers enjoy it !

MusicToMyEars800 Mon 19-Feb-18 22:38:06

I loved he first one so will definitely be watching this one grin

yawning801 Thu 05-Apr-18 14:15:26

Release date is getting closer! Let's hope we get some better weather before then...

Louise56 Sat 05-May-18 06:23:56

you're not alone - I didn't care for it either. HEaring Abba mangled by people who can't sing was painful, not to mention they were far too old for the parts they were playing - Streep's character is meant to be about forty - I don't think so.

eggsandchips Sun 06-May-18 05:45:53

The trailer was vomit inducing - not my cup of tea but I am tempted to see what it's like as it is popular...

AndhowcouldIeverrefuse Sun 06-May-18 05:52:16

Another hater here sorry! I love ABBA and can't stand Mamma Mia... horrified at the thought of a new film does it have Summer Night City in it? grin

Brendaofbeechhouse Sun 06-May-18 14:44:20

I didn't see the first film because I saw the trailer. I have now seen the trailer for the 2nd film and it made me inexplicably angry.

To summarise, hugging squealing, bonding, a bit of dancing , a good looking chap, and loads of botox. I also saw the trailer for Bookclub, and that looks like a pile of shit as well.

Riversleep Thu 10-May-18 08:09:37

What's bookclub? I thought the first film was silly and a bit shit but I still enjoyed it 😁This sounds similar but with weird looking blokes in it. I'll probably go and see it.

Brendaofbeechhouse Thu 10-May-18 19:34:55

Book club, four women of a certain age, who have not had sex for a long time read Fifty shades of Gray. Much hilarity, and comical reaction shots follow. I would rather poke my eyeballs out with a blunt biro than watch it.

raisedbyguineapigs Thu 10-May-18 19:41:31

Jeez that sounds horrific!!! I thought you meant Guernsey Literary potato pie society because it is yet another film with Lily James in. (I like her but she seems to be in every film I see) That was a wasted opportunity for a film if ever there was one! Where they could have told a story about the German occupation of Guernsey, they just made a twee film about a rich girl who leaves her rich fiance for a pig farmer in the country, because that happens all the time in real life hmm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: