Talk

Advanced search

Fifty Shades Freed

(9 Posts)
NewYearNiki Fri 09-Feb-18 18:23:24

Where do I start.

2 people in a marriage who have nothing in common but kinky sex and even then.....he uses bondage and bdsm as a punishment when she defies him over anything.

It was horse shit

🐎💩

FannyWisdom Fri 09-Feb-18 18:24:13

Tut
Going to watch it encourages them to make more!

lollipop306 Fri 09-Feb-18 18:29:12

It annoys me...

If anyone described his behaviour (dictating what she's allowed to wear, who she can talk to, how to wear her hair etc) he'd been called a nutter and we'd all demand she leave him immediately.

But because he's "good looking" it's all sexy and he's just protective... I think he's fucking nuts.

I mean, I know it's a book/film but still 😂

DonnyAndVladSittingInATree Fri 09-Feb-18 18:30:45

You couldn’t tell that from the trailer Op? grin the trailer is awful enough. No way would I spend my hard earned money on watching the whole film!

NewYearNiki Fri 09-Feb-18 18:41:38

I didnt spend money on it. Limitless card. So its all included anyway.

Yidette86 Sat 10-Feb-18 13:42:00

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't get the hype.. So many seem so obsessed with it and I can't understand why.

londonista Sat 10-Feb-18 13:49:54

I watched the first and basically spent 2 hours having a right perv at Jamie Dornan. Didn't love it didn't hate it. Second one when it came on Now I thought well I can just have another perv etc. It was dire... so bad I cannot even believe they had the audacity to give it a theatrical release. Totally gone off the Dornan as a result. Utter tripe.

Nothing in this world could compel me to willingly sit down and watch the 3rd. Think of the worst job in the world, say cleaning the loos at the end of Glasto. I would rather do that for 2 hours than watch the 3rd one.

SJane72 Mon 12-Feb-18 11:31:15

Apologies for going all formal here but FYI, ...for those that believe the 50SOG film doesn't depict abuse, but just consensual kinky sex, please read this academic study of the film for IPV.
lawc.on.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Double-Crap.pdf
It concludes "Our analysis identified patterns in Fifty Shades that reflect pervasive intimate partner violence—one
of the biggest problems of our time. Further, our analysis adds to a growing body of literature noting dangerous
violence standards being perpetuated in popular culture."
..and this is also interesting: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26569388
"RESULTS: While participants assessed parts of the relationship between Christian and Anastasia as exciting and romantic, they consistently indicated an unappealing lack of health in the relationship. Participants expressed grave concerns over Christian's stalking, controlling, manipulative, and emotionally abusive behavior, anger in sexual interactions, and neglect of Anastasia's needs."
For those thinking 'is it just me', the answer is no, not by a long way.

CiderwithBuda Mon 12-Feb-18 11:35:36

Haven't watched any of them. Read the first book and that was enough for me.

I do wonder though what effect it will have on both JD and DJ's careers. I wonder if it will turn out to have been a huge mistake to have been associated with the movies as they have been shown slated critically.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now