Talk

Advanced search

Coco

(18 Posts)
DrWhooves Sat 13-Jan-18 19:45:00

Anyone else seen it this weekend? We saw it today, and loved it. The characters, story and visuals are great and I'll admit to having a little weep at the end. My only criticism was that the songs weren't as catchy as other Disney films like Frozen or Moana.

Welldoneme Sat 13-Jan-18 21:31:54

Loved it and yes had a tears eye at the end x

missjoanie Sun 14-Jan-18 15:48:11

Saw it today - it’s lovely! Very touching and understated. Beautiful animation.

Toffeelatteplease Sun 14-Jan-18 16:45:13

Its a Disney Picardy not a straight Disney. Pixar often has a very feel from Disney

Clarabumps Sun 14-Jan-18 17:00:49

I'm just back from it half an hour ago.
I recently lost my Gran so Mama Coco made me weep.
I really enjoyed it. Excellent film.

gaggiagirl Thu 18-Jan-18 15:31:21

What a beautiful film. I sobbed. Highly recommended.

Rollercoaster1920 Thu 18-Jan-18 15:32:56

Would it be suitable for a 5 year old who's grandparent died recently?

TheSconeOfStone Thu 18-Jan-18 20:55:40

The DC want to see this one but I'm wondering if I will be comparing it to the fabulous Book of Life.

sakura06 Sat 20-Jan-18 23:04:01

I cried so much! It was so sad! Beautiful though.

I really liked 'The Book of Life' and loved this too.

user100987 Sat 20-Jan-18 23:08:23

I loved it. Rollercoaster - I don't know but it could be really comforting. The messages about what happens after death are positive really. I don't have kids though so I might be wrong. What do others think?

GaraMedouar Sat 20-Jan-18 23:10:49

Saw it today with DD 6 years old. Loved it - I was crying at the end and cuddling DD - she was looking at me disdainfully as I always cry at films! So lovely, nice message etc.

MakeItStopNeville Sat 20-Jan-18 23:14:23

When we watched it, DH ended up in a queue of men washing their faces in the restroom, trying to hide how much they’d cried. grin

heinztomatosoup Sun 21-Jan-18 17:40:27

Just saw it, cried my eyes out but absolutely LOVED it! Just wonderful smile

ladymarian Sun 21-Jan-18 18:42:36

Just back from seeing this with my DDs (10 and 5). I thought it was amazing! Definitely the best animated film I've seen. I was crying at the end

brackenmoor Sun 21-Jan-18 20:41:16

Yes excellent film - 5*. I loved the colour palette for the film and the animation was great. I also struggled to hold back tears in parts but also loved the insights into Mexican culture which my DD 12 knew all about already! smile

purpleme12 Thu 25-Jan-18 22:14:19

Oh perhaps I'm the only one was wasn't that impressed by it!
I mean it wasn't bad. But I wasn't hooked by it.
And it was a bit too mature content for my daughter (but that's not the film's fault!)

LetsGoFlyAKiteee Thu 25-Jan-18 22:36:06

Saw it.. Loved it though it was a bit long. Such a beautiful film.. Though I did cry.. Especially towards the end! Which I expected to being a Disney

gabsdot Wed 31-Jan-18 19:38:29

We just saw this film today. It's very nice. Not the best Pixar ever but definitely entertaining.
I thought the ending was very sweet and I had a little sniff. I have a strong belief in the after life and that we can see our families again so I thought it was nice to imagine those that had passed away being close by.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: