Talk

Advanced search

The Snowman

(9 Posts)
Average rating find out more
NikiBabe Wed 18-Oct-17 19:49:08

I saw this today. I like a good thriller. I like Michael Fassbender. I like serial killer stories. But this one deserved the poor reviews imo. Seeing Norway in winter was nice but it was really quite boring and misogynistic.

MusicToMyEars800 Wed 18-Oct-17 22:00:17

I was really looking forward to seeing this, I love Michael Fassbender, and the trailers look good, I will still watch it, see how it goes.
Thanks for the heads up about it being boring and misogynistic.

How are things? Job etc..

NikiBabe Wed 18-Oct-17 22:48:13

Its a film thread. Im not getting into personal discussion on these

mrsrhodgilbert Fri 20-Oct-17 15:19:02

So back to the film, anyone else seen it? I love a bit of Nordic Noir but am a bit of a wimp if it gets too creepy. I think I started the book but didn't finish it. Is it worth using my cinema vouchers for or should I wait for the DVD?

NikiBabe Fri 20-Oct-17 18:49:30

Dont waste cinema vouchers on it, it's not worth it.

It's not even that creepy it's very boring.

dublinia Sat 21-Oct-17 10:54:41

Watched it. It was ok.
I just can't see the attraction of Michael Fassbender.
I am proud that 'one of our own' ( well he is half Irish) is regarded as a Hollywood heart throb but just can't see it myself.

Littlebelina Mon 23-Oct-17 15:57:03

Was umming and ahhing about seeing this but given the reviews and this thread will leave it to dvd ( or even TV) Shame as I liked the book (only one of his I really got into).

NikiBabe Tue 24-Oct-17 23:21:55

Actually there is one glaring error that pissed me off in this film.

When Harry wasnted the dead victims medical records. The dodgy Dr wouldnt release them on the grounds of breach of confidentiality.

Correct me if I am wrong but there can be know breach of confidentiality to a deceased person. Whose confidentiality is breached when the person is no longer living?

Also surely police could get a warrant for the records when it directly releated to several murders.

It was so so SO stupid.

ButchyRestingFace Sat 28-Oct-17 18:44:14

Dear God, this sucked hard, Fassbender notwithstanding.

All the main characters appeared to have left their brains at the door.

And Val Kilmer, his face doesn't even MOVE.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now