Talk

Advanced search

Pride

(12 Posts)
chickenowner Mon 28-Aug-17 17:20:05

I've just watched this on the bbc iplayer - I hadn't seen it before.

I loved it! Funny, interesting story, incredibly moving, fantastic soundtrack and great cultural references from the 1980s.

Anyone else seen it?

MargotMoon Mon 28-Aug-17 20:51:55

Fantastic film! Loved it, it's just the perfect balance of humour and pathos, the actors are all brilliant and the end has me welling up every time.

BestIsWest Mon 28-Aug-17 21:01:03

It's fantastic. One of the best films of the last few years. I found it very emotional as it's set during the time I met DH and he was working in the area at the time. Lots and lots of memories.

MintToBee Sat 16-Sep-17 18:59:23

Absolutely brilliant. Loved it.

BBCK Sat 16-Sep-17 19:03:27

Great film, great acting. Do Sputh Wales ❤️

BBCK Sat 16-Sep-17 19:03:49

So South Wales

Liliywil Tue 03-Oct-17 20:40:40

Haven't watched it. I kind of don't like to watch the old screen look but will have a look this weekend since it sounds good.

It's superb. Have watched it so many times and it doesn't lose its magic.

Gingernaut Tue 03-Oct-17 20:55:20

At last! An excuse to post this!!

Shame! Shame! Shame! Disco scene. Check the barmaid!

The Bread and Roses scene took my breath away. Pity they didn't do the last verse

The final scene with There is Power in the Union aka "Where are my lesbians?"

Funny. Tragic. Beautifully acted. Even the cameo parts were stunning.

The meeting with the ex-boyfriend on the nightclub stairs was awful. Without saying what was wrong, you just knew what his 'farewell tour" was all about.

The final caption when you realised just how young the Northern Irish lad was when he died was shocking.

Kudos to the American actor for that spot on Northern Irish accent.

pontiouspilates Tue 03-Oct-17 20:57:47

I saw it last year and loved it too. Totally 'feel good' and it really stayed with me

SchadenfreudePersonified Sat 07-Oct-17 17:31:19

I watched earlier this year - it was brilliant!

BagelGoesWalking Thu 12-Oct-17 15:10:29

Absolutely love it! Watched it for about the 4th time on iPlayer recently.

The actor who played Mark Ashton was amazing, didn’t realise he was American! And so sad that the real person died so young, I always think what he might have gone on to do/achieve, had he lived. The scene on the stairs with the ex is so, so sad. Russell Tovey did that brilliantly considering how short it was.

Loved all the characters. Brilliant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now