Talk

Advanced search

Pirates of the Caribbean

(18 Posts)
Average rating find out more
scrabble1 Tue 30-May-17 15:28:35

Just been to see this with Ds (11) and he walked out. He is never done that before in the cinema. He found it frightening

MusicToMyEars800 Tue 30-May-17 15:30:59

It can be more frightening in the cinema, It is very loud and what with the dark and massive screen I can see why he would get scared, I am sure cinema's have gotten louder! Is he ok?

LoveMyLittleSuperhero Tue 30-May-17 15:38:17

Isn't it a 12 anyway? I'm looking forward to it but I must admit that from the adverts it looks a lot darker than the old ones.
Hope he's ok now, I remember number 1 giving me nightmares when I was about his age. flowers

scrabble1 Tue 30-May-17 15:48:22

He has been going to cinema regularly since he was 5. Never bothered him before. Just wanted to warn others. Very disappointing film. The supposedly funny bits were cringeworthy

MusicToMyEars800 Wed 31-May-17 13:11:09

Me and OH were going to watch this in cinema, might have to see something different instead, I don't want to come out disappointed and feel like I've just wasted money, especially as the prices now are just ridiculous.

ShotsFired Wed 31-May-17 13:17:47

It is indeed as 12a rating, so you as the parent were responsible for him seeing it.

It is not dark, it is the same silly POTC fantasy nonsense as they all have been. I didn't think it was any better or worse than any of the 4 previous ones (I'd probably say seeing Davy Jones' beating heart in a box in one of the earlier ones was worse if anything). It's not supposed to be high art, just daft.

BringOnTheScience Thu 01-Jun-17 19:38:40

One of mine walked out of Box Trolls. You never quite know what they will like or not like.

I wouldn't say this one was any scarier than other PotC. We loved the floaty effects on the 'zombie' ship and the sharks are fab. The plot's hopeless but the lead female character is strong and independent. :-)

AuntieStella Thu 01-Jun-17 19:52:45

Plot is awful, but pace relentless, and if you're in the mood for silly it is fun. Be ready to suspend disbelief a long, long way.

I think the new female lead is way better than earlier films (where it always seemed wooden to me) and that made a considerable positive difference.

MusicToMyEars800 Sat 03-Jun-17 13:02:18

Bring and Auntie You've changed my mind grin We enjoyed all the others, they are good to watch for a bit of fun, but I agree about Keira Knightley, she is a shit actress so I'm glad she's not in this one.

FreeNiki Mon 05-Jun-17 20:24:16

Ive only seen the first pirates film and that was abysmal.

Is this any better?

metalmum15 Mon 05-Jun-17 20:53:08

Dd 12 and I absolutely loved it, one of the best ones yet! I personally didn't find it as dark as a couple of the earlier ones. There was a woman sat behind us with a girl of around 6/7 who was obviously enjoying it. Which bits did your ds find scary?

MrsJayy Tue 13-Jun-17 22:34:38

We saw it tonight been going with Dc2 to see them for years we loved it was so silly 😊

JoyDiva Sat 17-Jun-17 11:05:01

Realy like this! Cool!

Tinseleverywhere Sat 17-Jun-17 11:09:55

Silly in places but amazing visually. The part with the young Jack Sparrow is amazing, apparently it took one year to do just this short sequence.

MrsJayy Sat 17-Jun-17 11:21:50

Really ?a year to do that bit that is astounding.

pieceofpurplesky Sat 17-Jun-17 12:31:29

DS and I loved it (he's 13). Wonder Woman on the other hand is predictable and stale

MrsJayy Sat 17-Jun-17 12:40:09

20yrold Dd loved Wonder Woman i am not keen on Dc films prefer marvel so probably would find it meh

Tinseleverywhere Sat 17-Jun-17 13:25:51

My dd is 12 she saw both and prefered WW, she is really into comic books though and she liked the female lead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now