Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone seen the Peppa Pig: My First Cinema Experience film yet? Is it as hideous as it sounds?

(11 Posts)
maisybobbins Mon 10-Apr-17 18:40:01

So there appear to be two films on at our local cinema, neither of which are filling me with joy. I have two DC age 4 and 8 and both keen to see a film tomorrow as a holiday treat.

My choice are: Boss Baby which makes me want to heave OR Peppa Pig. Feeling nauseated by both to be honest.... but what do you think? Shall I brave one of them?

Monkeymarbles Mon 10-Apr-17 18:45:52

We saw peppa with our just under 2 year old. It was awful for the adults. They loved it. And I would've thought too young for the 8 year old, lots of singalong wheels on the bus etc (disclaimer I know nothing about. 8 year olds but the kids in the cinema were a lot younger).
If you're going to do it reward yourself with a vat of ice cream or a flask of gin.

maisybobbins Mon 10-Apr-17 18:53:52

Ha! Loving the sound of flask of gin! I think you have just confirmed my suspicions that I might have to sit through Boss Baby, though stomach churning slightly. Just told DD and she's beside herself.

RozTheSchnoz Thu 13-Apr-17 22:53:12

I enjoyed the episodes but hated the in between bits - really cringeworthy audience participation choruses of wheels on the bus, row your boat, etc. No one joined in in our screening!

joannegrady90 Thu 13-Apr-17 22:55:40

It was shit! Took my 8 year old asd child and her 5 year old friend. They loved it and sang along bit I'd of rather masturbated with a cactus 😂😂

maisybobbins Fri 14-Apr-17 08:56:36

I ended up going to a multiplex in another town to see a morning showing of Moana. Just brilliant. Think I cried about 8 times.

I vow never to see Peppa or Boss Shite.

KeemaNaan Fri 14-Apr-17 12:28:15

The Boss Baby was actually quite good. I took the children this week for something to do, expecting the worst, and it was quite funny in parts and wasn't the awful shite-fest I was expecting.

sakura06 Sun 16-Apr-17 15:40:32

The Boss Baby was great! Very funny! Myself, my husband, almost 6 year old and almost 2 year old loved it.

There was no way I was going to see Peppa after seeing The Golden Boots at the cinema which was an utter rip-off; one new 15minute episode, which made no sense. Utter rubbish!

Moana was amazing! Good choice.

maisybobbins Mon 17-Apr-17 23:34:22

Oooook maybe Ive been too harsh on boss baby. I will not spend money on cinema tickets to see him but maybe when it's on DVD we will see it. I will happily go see Despicable Me 3 though - yeyyyy!

Ellle Tue 18-Apr-17 19:38:57

We also enjoyed the Boss Baby quite a lot! All of us thought it was great (me, DH, 8 year old son and 4 year old son).

It was really nice to see the story about two brothers as it reminded me so much of my two sons!

Orangedaisy Tue 18-Apr-17 19:44:25

DD (just 3) loved peppa. I didn't go, DP spent the time on his phone. DD is a bit of a wimp so probably was perfect to introduce her to cinema on this rather than a full film with not scary bits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now