Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Far from the madding crowd remake

(7 Posts)
Average rating find out more
bionicant Thu 30-Mar-17 21:55:27

I know it came out ages ago but I can't get over how crap the remake was, like a bad bbc series.

I pined for Julie Christie and Terence Stamp - thought the belgium Gabriel was pretty good eye candy.

shame really.

DevelopingDetritus Fri 31-Mar-17 16:00:21

Oow, I liked it. I've also seen the 1998 one, not seen the Terence Stamp one though. I also got the DVD A Little Chaos with Kate Winslet and Mr Belgium, because of the Madding Crowd. First time I'd seen him in anything.

VeryButchyRestingFace Fri 31-Mar-17 21:11:59

I liked it. Didn't ❤️ it, but certainly enjoyed it.

CM and MS were great. Scenery was sumptious, CM's wardrobe to die for and it was very well acted.

Slow moving yes, but that's Hardy for you. The most dramatic moment <SPOILER> came at the beginning when all the sheep went over the cliff's edge. grin

VeryButchyRestingFace Fri 31-Mar-17 21:13:44

DD, if you haven't seen Matthias Schoenaerts in anything else, I thoroughly recommend the French language movie, Rust and Bone.

DevelopingDetritus Fri 31-Mar-17 22:20:12

Thanks for the recommendation. Just watched the trailer and read up blush Full frontal of Mr Belgium. Well I never. grin

VanillaSugar Fri 31-Mar-17 22:21:46

Mr Belgium is also in The Danish Woman, i think.

DevelopingDetritus Fri 31-Mar-17 22:28:01

Did he have much of a part in it. Here's a list of his films. Lots to watch grin

www.imdb.com/name/nm0774386/?ref_=tt_cl_t2

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now