Talk

Advanced search

Get Out

(15 Posts)
Average rating find out more
FreeNiki Wed 15-Mar-17 11:59:23

I saw a trailer for this a few weeks ago and it pull a chill down my spine. It looked great but scary.

Now it has been released, rotten tomatoes has rated 99%. It's been given 5 stars by most who have reviewed it including the Independent.

Im going to see it on Friday, anyone else planning?

cockadoodledude Fri 17-Mar-17 14:01:04

This has been on my radar for quite sometime and I am really anxious to see it, so would love to hear your feedback!

My first thoughts on the trailer were the tone and pacing remind me of It Follows which was my favourite movie of 2015.

bionicant Fri 17-Mar-17 21:42:07

seeing it tomorrow.

loved it follows too.

laylabelle Sat 18-Mar-17 15:22:56

Looking forward to seeing this. Trailer looks so good so hopefully the actual film is

bionicant Sat 18-Mar-17 23:14:01

Wow brilliant film a must for horror lovers funny too

FreeNiki Sun 19-Mar-17 18:23:55

Just saw it. Awesome.

laylabelle Sun 26-Mar-17 21:38:25

Saw it today. Wasn't what I was expecting but loved it! Funny but so sinister at times..good film

snotato Sun 26-Mar-17 21:46:13

I saw this advertised but gave it a miss as I thought it would be one of those not scary movies that they try to make scary,but just turns out funnily pathetic iyswim?
Well if you lot and rotten tomatoes rate it I must watch it.

bionicant Sun 26-Mar-17 21:55:01

it's really good so underrated which is a shame. can't really saw more as it would give so much away. well written and plays homage to many films.

FreeNiki Mon 27-Mar-17 01:43:30

I found it demanded a second viewing like Sixth Sense. You notice so much more the second time.

I had a limitless card so why not.

It is really sinister scary and not pathetically so.

Tomorrowisanewday Fri 31-Mar-17 14:43:18

I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to scary films. Do those of you who've seen it think I'd cope, or is it more scary than thriller?

laylabelle Fri 31-Mar-17 17:43:24

Hahah same! Wouldn't say it's scary scary sort of more sinister/creepy if that makes sense.

FreeNiki Sun 02-Apr-17 11:01:02

Im a total wimp with scary films and this wasnt that bad at all. It wasnt really that scary and as laylabelle says it was sinister rather than scary.

Its also very funny. The main characters best friend is a star turn.

Tomorrowisanewday Sun 02-Apr-17 21:38:59

Thank you both. Think I'll risk it, trailer looked good and i didn't hide my eyes (much)

NotJanine Sun 02-Apr-17 22:49:41

I was a bit nervous about seeing it as I don't usually watch horror (which I saw it billed as) but it's really not. It reminded me a bit of old horror films / shows. Definitely more creepy and weird than what I think of as modern horror.

It is very good. I Particularly like the main actor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now