Talk

Advanced search

Room. Ch4 now

(12 Posts)
CurlsandCurves Sat 11-Mar-17 21:36:10

Omg I'm only half an hour in but wow.

I read the book a couple of years ago. Can't wait to see how they do the rest of this.

ispymincepie Sat 11-Mar-17 21:39:39

Yeah think I'm going to have nightmares shock

GreyStars Sat 11-Mar-17 21:42:26

I saw this on Amazon, and I'm not one to steer away from things like this normally but wasn't sure if it would just be too disturbing.

qazxc Sat 11-Mar-17 21:58:36

Am I the only one in floods?

LouiseBrooks Sun 12-Mar-17 00:03:35

God that was amazing!

When it came out I thought I'd never see it, it would just be too horrific when you think of all the well known cases. I remember Mark Kermode raving about it and saying "this isn't the film you think it is".

Well it wasn't what I thought it would be: it's a terrible subject but nowhere near as bad as I expected. Emotional, yes, and my heart nearly stopped when Jack was in the truck but I would highly recommend it. Brie Larson deserved her Oscar and the child was incredible.

BluePheasant Sun 12-Mar-17 00:27:05

Oh my god I'm a complete mess after watching that. Amazing. The first scene when she shouted at him out of fustration and then held him to her, broke me. Pretty much cried on and off for the rest of the film!

Nearly didn't watch as was worried there would be some horrible violent rape scenes. For once a film that realises that it doesn't need to be shown in gratuitous detail to demonstrate the horror of it. The focus is on her live for Jack and the strength their bond gives them.

BluePheasant Sun 12-Mar-17 00:27:43

*love!

FabulouslyGlamourousFerret Sun 12-Mar-17 13:05:26

I loved this too, I watched it half an hour behind so I could fast forward if anything upset me, I love how it didn't focus on the rape and violence, I wanted to punch the interviewer woman!

IllBeBackmaybe Sun 12-Mar-17 13:07:38

I watched the interview bit, it upset me so much I changed the channel. Film looked really good. I haven't read the book but had heard of it. I was worried there'd be some horrible scenes which is partly why I turned over.Glad to hear there weren't. I will watch it sometime in that case.

MusicToMyEars800 Fri 24-Mar-17 11:09:36

it was an emotional rollercoaster for me, I found it difficult to watch, but saying that It was a brilliant film

Boofeckinghoo Fri 24-Mar-17 11:18:08

I thought it was about extreme agoraphobia. I didn't know anything about it beforehand.
Once I started watching I couldn't stop. I had to see how it ended.
Moving and utterly chilling. Brie Larsson was brilliant.
I feel so sorry for the real life cases.

Railgunner1 Sat 25-Mar-17 09:10:51

Just watched this last week. OMG! Seriously disturbing.
How did they manage the child actor? Such a challenging role. You normally wouldn't show such a film to a kid that age...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now