Talk

Advanced search

Logan

(38 Posts)
Average rating find out more
FreeNiki Sat 11-Mar-17 17:01:57

I saw this and it made me wish all the previous X-Men film had been rated 15 or above as the previous ones were quite babyish.

That said it was all a little sad and depressing. Not sure how I feel about it.

Railgunner1 Sun 12-Mar-17 12:32:10

Yeah, very sad. But i guess he's had enough

MusicToMyEars800 Mon 13-Mar-17 22:09:57

I've heard it is very sad but brilliant.. I cannot wait to see it, it does make me feel a bit sad that it's the end of Hugh Jackman as wolverine.

iklboo Mon 13-Mar-17 22:10:57

My lip may have gone wibbly watching this.

trevortrevorslattery Mon 13-Mar-17 22:12:08

It's amazing! It took me about 3 days to recover emotionally blush

KanyesVest Mon 13-Mar-17 22:15:13

I went with dh who really wanted to go. He liked it, I loved it. I sobbed found it really moving. Although the leaping jumps were a bit naff.

DoloresTheRunawayTrain Wed 15-Mar-17 01:28:27

I loved it. Leaves things with an air of more hope than the future we got to see in Days of Future Past.

Strummerville Wed 15-Mar-17 15:42:52

Just seen this today and thought it excellent. Very pared-down, with an elegiac feel. Reminded me quite a lot of The Wild Bunch...had that end-of-a-mythos feeling to it.

MrsJayy Fri 17-Mar-17 20:48:08

I have just seen it Oh my my i was a wreck <sob> was really good though so many questions wtf did charles do that he had to hide.

DoloresTheRunawayTrain Fri 17-Mar-17 21:21:03

His degenerative brain condition made him have seizures which triggered his abilities and made other people around him unable to move or breathe (he wasn't just telepathic he could also control peoples actions). So he has to stay away from populated areas. The radio referenced the first attack he had at the mansion in Westchester, which resulted in the deaths of some of the X-men and many injuries. The injections and tablets controlled them somewhat but were beginning to fail. He is also classified as highly dangerous by the government because of this and is a wanted man.

MrsJayy Fri 17-Mar-17 21:32:56

Yeah i got that But where did all the mutants go ?

DoloresTheRunawayTrain Fri 17-Mar-17 21:40:37

The government company "growing" the child mutants had stuff added to corn syrup (in just about every food) which makes mutants sterile and I think also affects their abilities. Hence the rapid degeneration of Logan and Charles.

DoloresTheRunawayTrain Fri 17-Mar-17 21:43:40

The Dr played by Richard E Grant is in the middle of a monologue explaining all this when he gets killed.

MrsJayy Fri 17-Mar-17 21:52:26

Ahhh right missed that it was a very busy fim

KanyesVest Fri 17-Mar-17 21:55:53

Yeah, the explanation was all a bit shoehorned in at the end.

thatstoast Fri 17-Mar-17 22:11:34

I'm usually very critical of a tacked on exposition (especially when delivered by an evil british guy) but it works quite well in the context of a wolverine movie. He's also been a part of but also apart from the X-Men so you really get the feeling that Logan doesn't care about Richard E Grants evil plan. He's never had the same belief the X-men as other members of the team and certainly not as much as Prof X. So the hidden nature of what's happened provides that source of tension for the two of them. Especially poignant when Charles remembers what happened at Westchester but he isn't actually talking to Logan but to X-24.

I think this film really focuses on the human element of wolverine and how, although he doesn't care about the bigger picture, he cares about individuals.

toomuchfaster Fri 17-Mar-17 22:17:52

I was surprised at the massive, very bloody body count for a 15. Also blubbed quite a lot! I think I have missed a film somewhere as I was expecting Magneto!

MrsJayy Sat 18-Mar-17 10:16:00

I was hoping for Magneto just a teeny glimpse considering charles was ill i thought when he came out òf the container Magneto would find him (well that is me re writing the film) btw i loved sweary prof x 😂

Ratbagcatbag Sat 18-Mar-17 10:20:24

toomuch agree on the bloody body count, I was defo wincing in places.
I was unsure how I felt about it when I watched it, I like the old shiny x-men win at all costs. This was far far grittier. However, I also shed a tear or two (much to the embarrassment of the teen lad next to me) and actually think it was a very good film.

MrsJayy Sat 18-Mar-17 10:25:55

My hard as nails Dd was sniffing and had to run to the toilet before the credits rolled other dd2 cared not a jot and sobbed, the little boy at the end holding the wolverine doll <wail>,

Oblomov17 Sat 18-Mar-17 13:07:49

I thought it was good. Violent, which I had read it was, which I liked.
Ds1(12) thought it was very good.

Ds asked: what's going to happen now? He's dead. No actor could replace HJ.

I agreed.

MrsJayy Sat 18-Mar-17 14:26:00

I thought it was a 15 ? Was it a 12a? . There is scope for wolverine to be in first class films but I think Hugh is done.sad

thatstoast Sat 18-Mar-17 14:34:26

Definitely a 15.

It's funny as, based on the comics, Hugh Jackman is horribly miscast in the role in lots of ways but he really made it work.

FreeNiki Sat 18-Mar-17 18:31:41

It is a 15 but there was a kid in my screening who quite clearly wasnt 15. Looked about 12.

Sure enough after several violent scenes left with his mum. It is too much for youngsters.

I dont know how he got in.

Oblomov17 Sat 18-Mar-17 19:21:36

Sorry, ds1 is a bit older than that, force of habit, writing that age when he hasn't been it for quite some time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now