Talk

Advanced search

Film recommendations for very ill family

(14 Posts)
knackeredinyorkshire Sun 19-Feb-17 14:17:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mogloveseggs Sun 19-Feb-17 14:19:29

Space balls - Mel brooks take on Star Wars. Really silly. Also the hunt for the wilder people (was recommended by some one on here).

mogloveseggs Sun 19-Feb-17 14:20:00

Ps hope you all feel better soon.

TeaMeBasil Sun 19-Feb-17 14:20:31

Guardians of the galaxy is fun and good for a rewatch?

knackeredinyorkshire Sun 19-Feb-17 14:21:27

viques Sun 19-Feb-17 14:23:14

While we are on a space theme Galaxy Quest. Funniest film ever, and has Alan Rickman ,Sigourney Weaver and Tim Allen thrown in for good measure.

knackeredinyorkshire Sun 19-Feb-17 14:24:16

knackeredinyorkshire Sun 19-Feb-17 14:25:05

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Sun 19-Feb-17 14:30:15

I hope you all feel better soon. Flu is horrible.

As far as film recommendations.

for DD step up, save the last dance, grease, bring it on, 10 things I hate about you. were all easy to watch favourites of mine in my teens.

For ds has he watched all the marvel/star wars films? If he likes the marvel universe agents of shield is a good series and I think is on now tv.

Bit unusual but some anime films are very easy to watch and always make me smile. Howls moving castle, spirited away, princess mononoke, arrietty, pom poko, my neighbour tototo are one's me and dp watch frequently. or if im really unwell only drop dead Fred will make it better!!!!

Maybe if u haven't already had them subscribe to a free trial of nowtv/netflix and let them watch tv or films on their own tv/tablets smile

Foldedtshirt Sun 19-Feb-17 14:33:41

Scot Pligrim and Paul the alien one- or are they a bit sweary? Both v funny and watchable for adults kids films.

knackeredinyorkshire Sun 19-Feb-17 14:38:00

SingingSands Sun 19-Feb-17 14:53:42

Oh how awful, we've had sickness bug AND flu this week. Fun family half term that was...not.

I think it's the law somewhere that when you're ill you have to watch all the Indiana Jones films? Or is that just us? grin

We also watched Blazing Saddles, Ferris Bueller, Coming To America and A LOT of Fresh Prince episodes.

Get well soon!

knackeredinyorkshire Sun 19-Feb-17 15:08:43

knackeredinyorkshire Sun 19-Feb-17 15:09:19

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now