Talk

Advanced search

Newsies

(16 Posts)
bruffin Sun 12-Feb-17 17:55:49

Went to see a special screening today of the cinema broadcast of the Broadway show Newsies.
Its a must for any musical theatre fan. Dancing is amazing and good rousing tunes.
Jeremy Jordan and Kara Lawson are very watchable.

Dunlurking Sun 12-Feb-17 20:18:18

I'm desperate to see it but everywhere I can find has their showings next Sunday, and I'm tied up watching ds perform in a tap show that day, would you believe it! I wonder if they will bring it out as a DVD later.....

bruffin Mon 13-Feb-17 06:10:16

hopefully Dunlurkin
Think there was plans to bring it to London. They got to the cssting stage and bought Aladdin instead.

Dunlurking Mon 13-Feb-17 07:23:17

Ds knew one of the boys who got a recall (sort of as it didn't go ahead I think) for the London Newsies and he seemed to think they shelved it because they couldn't find sufficient boys/men of a high enough standard.

bruffin Mon 13-Feb-17 08:24:25

That makes sense. Its a shame because its a good family show.

Dunlurking Mon 13-Feb-17 09:06:05

bruffin I tried to get the original film DVD many years ago but it only seemed to be available in a US format, not playable on our player. It certainly sounds like a great family show.

bruffin Mon 13-Feb-17 09:21:40

dd says the original film is ok, but theyve added a new songs etc to the theatre show.

Dunlurking Mon 13-Feb-17 11:10:18

You're making it even worse that I'm missing it!

bruffin Mon 13-Feb-17 12:05:34

sad

AlexanderHamilton Wed 15-Feb-17 22:53:14

We too are busy on Sunday (DS has a rehearsal & dd is going on a school residential)

Would really like to see it.

Dunlurking Thu 16-Feb-17 14:49:21

Annoying, isn't it AlexanderHamilton! Has your dd studied/sung any of the music at school?

Hope we get some repeat showings cropping up, or the DVD.

dnamummy Thu 16-Feb-17 17:24:29

I saw this on stage in Toronto on holiday - whilst we enjoyed it, I think you need to be able to speak fairly good English to follow whereas something like Aladdin or lion king works really well for all the tourists in London, whatever age and whatever level of English comprehension plus not as visually stunning. Think those are reasons for not transferring to London stage

AlexanderHamilton Thu 16-Feb-17 20:13:38

I don't think she's sung any of it, though perhaps they have done Sieze the Day. I'm not sure.

I hope they do release a DVD.

AlexanderHamilton Sun 19-Feb-17 17:55:11

We've made it work by going to the ovens nearest the airport.

It's the 'intermission'.

I love it.

AlexanderHamilton Sun 19-Feb-17 17:58:59

Cinema nearest the airport

Dunlurking Tue 21-Feb-17 13:04:54

That's interesting about the level of English needed dnamummy

I'm glad you made it and enjoyed it AlexanderHamilton Was the cinema full? Hoping it went down well so it will be repeated/DVD released.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now