Talk

Advanced search

Split

(7 Posts)
Average rating find out more
UnbelievablyChocolatey Sun 05-Feb-17 19:41:32

Went to see this yesterday with a friend. We both really enjoyed it but it seems to be getting some mixed reviews. Was just wondering what others thought of it? Usually discuss a film after I've seen it with DH but can't do that this time!

purpleme12 Fri 10-Feb-17 00:19:33

I hated it. Wish I hadn't seen it. I think I got the wrong impression of it. I didn't think it would be like it was. Perhaps if I'd watched the trailer I would have got it. I just read a description of it on the internet which didn't make it sound that bad so that's why I thought we'll watch it. Wish I'd seen Sing instead now

freethebiscuit Fri 10-Feb-17 00:35:24

I had no expectation of it and didn't really fancy it to be honest (watched it because it was the film at a parent and baby screening) but actually quite enjoyed ( there's the gold they're looking for for a movie poster eh?) Not the best film ever but certainly watchable and suspenseful enough to hold my interest.

Anonymammy Mon 20-Feb-17 15:26:41

Saw this film recently and have to day its one of those that have all the good bits in the ad

FreeNiki Tue 21-Feb-17 18:39:33

I didnt like it.

Quite dull in parts and that psych should have had him sectioned long ago.

Anonymammy Tue 21-Feb-17 21:32:58

Haha agreed

Slydiad Wed 22-Feb-17 08:22:03

I liked it. To be fair, I'm very much a fan of horror & genre movies in general, and I can absolutely understand how Split isn't for everybody. It wasn't without its flaws, but I liked that none of the girls were set up to "deserve" what happened to them, I thought the pacing and many of the setpiece scenes were effective, and, as someone who liked M. Night Shyamalan's early films but then went off him, I really loved the ending!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: