Talk

Advanced search

Split

(7 Posts)
Average rating find out more
UnbelievablyChocolatey Sun 05-Feb-17 19:41:32

Went to see this yesterday with a friend. We both really enjoyed it but it seems to be getting some mixed reviews. Was just wondering what others thought of it? Usually discuss a film after I've seen it with DH but can't do that this time!

purpleme12 Fri 10-Feb-17 00:19:33

I hated it. Wish I hadn't seen it. I think I got the wrong impression of it. I didn't think it would be like it was. Perhaps if I'd watched the trailer I would have got it. I just read a description of it on the internet which didn't make it sound that bad so that's why I thought we'll watch it. Wish I'd seen Sing instead now

freethebiscuit Fri 10-Feb-17 00:35:24

I had no expectation of it and didn't really fancy it to be honest (watched it because it was the film at a parent and baby screening) but actually quite enjoyed ( there's the gold they're looking for for a movie poster eh?) Not the best film ever but certainly watchable and suspenseful enough to hold my interest.

Anonymammy Mon 20-Feb-17 15:26:41

Saw this film recently and have to day its one of those that have all the good bits in the ad

FreeNiki Tue 21-Feb-17 18:39:33

I didnt like it.

Quite dull in parts and that psych should have had him sectioned long ago.

Anonymammy Tue 21-Feb-17 21:32:58

Haha agreed

Slydiad Wed 22-Feb-17 08:22:03

I liked it. To be fair, I'm very much a fan of horror & genre movies in general, and I can absolutely understand how Split isn't for everybody. It wasn't without its flaws, but I liked that none of the girls were set up to "deserve" what happened to them, I thought the pacing and many of the setpiece scenes were effective, and, as someone who liked M. Night Shyamalan's early films but then went off him, I really loved the ending!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now