Talk

Advanced search

Lego Batman

(27 Posts)
Average rating find out more
YoureAllABunchOfBastards Sun 05-Feb-17 19:11:33

We saw this today.

I haven't laughed so much in ages. I was almost crying. The best bits went right over the kids' heads but they loved it as well. I get the feeling that second time round we will spot stuff we missed as well

lucas1612 Sun 05-Feb-17 19:12:51

Thinking of taking ds to this. Do you think it's appropriate for a 4 yo?

YoureAllABunchOfBastards Sun 05-Feb-17 19:17:32

It's loud but not scary - there were little kids there today loving it

BikeRunSki Sun 05-Feb-17 19:18:54

Awesome

BathshebaDarkstone Sun 05-Feb-17 20:06:18

I see what you did there Bike! grin

Brontebiscuits Sun 05-Feb-17 20:07:49

I can't wait to see this! Loved the first one.

BikeRunSki Sun 05-Feb-17 21:40:10

wink

tribpot Sun 05-Feb-17 21:48:42

It was great, we saw it today in IMAX. Although the range of trailers was bizarre given it had a U rating - Dunkirk, that Great Wall of China thing with Matt Damon that has been trailered since forever. Even the Transformers looked quite scary!

Anyway, that aside it was very funny and sent up the whole Batman franchise, including the 1960s live action version.

Not enough of the bad guys at the end, but otherwise fantastic.

SloanePeterson Sun 05-Feb-17 21:59:44

We took our 4 yo and 8 yo yesterday. Dh and I thought it was brilliant. 8 yo has asd and I've not seen him enjoy anything so much in a long time, he really had a blast. 4 yo fell asleep! We'll definitely be going to see it again. We loved the Lego movie so this had a lot to live up to, it far surpassed my expectations.

Newquay Fri 17-Feb-17 15:52:05

My mum took my 4 year old and she said it was consistently too loud for kids' ears - she has come out with an ear ache. I'm pleased she didn't take my 2 year old.

Neolara Fri 17-Feb-17 15:53:16

My dcs (aged 12, 10 and 7) enjoyed it immensely. I fell asleep.

hangingoutattheendofmywick Fri 17-Feb-17 15:54:59

it was sooooo funny!!!!! i laughed more at that than a film for an adult! i took my 4 year old as his 1st cinema experience. he probably didn't get it all but he loved it .... thoroughly recommend.

HelenaGWells Fri 17-Feb-17 15:56:00

We are thinking of going tomorrow for DS7s birthday. All huge Lego and batman fans here.

Sittinginthesun Fri 17-Feb-17 15:56:24

DS (aged 10) laughed all the way through.

NotCitrus Fri 17-Feb-17 16:24:33

I was rather disappointed after loving the first Lego movie, and ds 8 was also, despite getting most of the jokes. Basically it wasn't as good as the trailer. OK for first half hour, then dragged, then perked up for the last 20 minutes.

If we hadn't spent loads of money on tickets and the food that we thought was included but wasn't but DP had already told the kids they could have, I'd probably have been happier!

Cheerybigbottom Fri 17-Feb-17 16:32:37

I've been desperate to see this film for months. Been trying to coerce 5 year old batman (imaginext though) mad son to go and see it, but he doesn't want to! I'm even willing to pay full price as usually we go to kids club, but he insists 'not today' 😰. When son, when!

Bambambini Sun 19-Feb-17 14:42:17

I sent my kids in and went for a coffee - wish i'd went to see it now.

SophieofShepherdsBush Sun 19-Feb-17 14:49:52

How long do films stay in the cinema? I want to bring DS( nearly 7, ASD) to this film as his first ever cinema trip and birthday treat, but it's not til beginning of March....Will it still be on in the cinema in two/three weeks? In Ireland.

handmademitlove Sun 19-Feb-17 15:01:34

Cineworld and vue both do autism friendly screenings - not sure about Ireland though. Lights on, music not so loud, able to walk around... Lego Batman was definitely the beginning of march offer.

twinklefoot Sun 19-Feb-17 15:05:47

I found it dull and so did the kids. The first Lego movie was so much netter.

WatchingFromTheWings Sun 19-Feb-17 15:07:35

We saw it yesterday and myself and DP thought it was rubbish. DC enjoyed but got fidgety half way through. DP fell asleep half way through! confused

cece Sun 19-Feb-17 15:15:08

I went last week.

Kept the 3 kids entertained. My youngest has ASD and his verdict was 'good'.

My verdict - too loud and OK if you like chase/fight scenes. I looked at my phone 3 times - pretty good for me, as I get bored very easily at the cinema. Oh and I had a little power nap somewhere in the middle. grin

ipswichwitch Sun 19-Feb-17 15:19:20

Took 5 and 3yo DSes to see it (3yo is very good at cinema - only wish he was everywhere else!) They loved it. 3yo declared Joker was silly every time he appeared and 5yo laughed like a drain. Only problem is, 5yo now wants every single Lego Batman set in the toy shop so he can re-create the film!

F1GI Sun 19-Feb-17 15:26:47

8yo and 10yo were howling with laughter. I enjoyed it but there was sooooo much bashing and fighting. The first lego movie was more sensitive with dialogue rather than wall to wall action/destruction.
Anyway good.

dementedpixie Sun 19-Feb-17 15:28:51

We all thought it was a bit crap and not worth what we paid to see it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now