Talk

Advanced search

Lion.

(38 Posts)
Average rating find out more
HeCantBeSerious Sat 21-Jan-17 00:30:03

Wow. Just wow. The most beautiful film I've ever seen.

I don't think I'll ever stop crying.

VeryBitchyRestingFace Sat 21-Jan-17 14:49:32

Saw it yesterday. There were a lot of crying women in my screening. grin

I read the book a while ago. Film was better, but it took a few too many liberties with the storyline in terms of injecting conflict into the character's relationships, particularly with regards to the characterisation of the adoptive mother and brother. I felt a bit uncomfortable with that (going on what I read in the book).

Still, I really enjoyed it, and that little child actor was terrific.

HeCantBeSerious Sat 21-Jan-17 15:02:26

I sobbed at the start and at the end (especially the post-credit bit). Haven't read the book and wondered how much more detail there was in the book because I really don't think I could handle it!

I thought the acting was flawless.

Crispmonster1 Sat 21-Jan-17 15:04:17

I can't wait to see it!

dataandspot Sat 21-Jan-17 22:16:06

Best film I have seen in a very long time!

Dev Patel Has amazing lips!

NormaSmuff Mon 23-Jan-17 08:17:00

Oh I nearly went to see this.

NormaSmuff Mon 23-Jan-17 08:18:22

might go today thanks to this thread

EllieMentry Mon 23-Jan-17 17:27:43

We saw it last night. Great film. I can't stop thinking about it and that little boy was wonderful. Excellent performance from Dev Patel too.

bruffin Wed 25-Jan-17 22:50:26

Beautiful film. It reminded me of my mum. When she was under 10 she lived in cheltenham. My dh was on a course there and we were chatting on the phone and i ended up on google maps and she guided me round the streets to the various houses she had lived in.She guided me to her old school as well. She hadnt lived there for 60 years but still had the map in her head.

OliviaBonas Wed 25-Jan-17 22:59:14

It's amazing! The acting and the music especially. I cried too. Incredible to think it is based on a true story. I want to watch it again!

NickMyLipple Wed 25-Jan-17 23:01:45

Wholeheartedly agree - it was an absolutely beautiful film and very I was probably one of those crying women!!!

bruffin Thu 26-Jan-17 12:44:16

I cried as well.

NormaSmuff Thu 26-Jan-17 21:55:55

very well made.
loved dev patel.
nicole kidman in it less than I anticipated

BeastofCraggyIsland Fri 27-Jan-17 22:58:37

We went to see this last night, think it's a terrific film with brilliant acting. I cried too.

Merrylegs Sat 28-Jan-17 22:14:49

Loved it. Yes it probably takes liberties with the book but it's telling a cinematic story and its just beautifully told. I defy anyone not to sob.

The80sweregreat Mon 30-Jan-17 16:52:13

Went last night and loved it, but just wondered what happened to the other boy they adopted ( already forgotten his name!) it was bit airbrushed with him - why he felt so alienated and if he had ADHD or something like that?
i had the impression that was the reason his mum was so down.
Beautiful film though and little Sunny was engaging.
Even my dh shed a tear and he never cries.

HeCantBeSerious Mon 30-Jan-17 20:14:29

I haven't read the book but I think there was a clue. There was a child in the orphanage that had similar problems, and they alluded to why fairly subtlety........ 😢

brokenheartdog Mon 30-Jan-17 20:16:48

We loved it too.

Brokenbiscuit Sat 04-Feb-17 23:44:40

Just seen this - brilliant film! I also sobbed through from start to finish!

LarkDescending Mon 06-Feb-17 00:36:25

What a stunning film. Despite knowing the outline (not read the book) I was unprepared for falling in love with young Saroo quite as hard as I did. I thought Sunny Pawar's performance was remarkable. Sobbed all the way to the credits and then sobbed some more.

user1482931528 Tue 07-Feb-17 13:58:08

I didn't see the movie yet but reading the public review I can't wait to see it. Two movies for my weekend. La la land and Lion. Good IMDB rating and public reviews.

CherryChasingDotMuncher Wed 08-Feb-17 19:48:14

Just seen this today, took 3 week old DS in a sling and sobbed like a good un all the way through. Absolutely stunning film!

JustDanceAddict Fri 10-Feb-17 14:39:16

Amazing film. I may have cried too...

19lottie82 Fri 10-Feb-17 17:52:07

Best film I've seen in ages!

I watched this after a night out..... note to self, don't watch emotional films when you're hungover!

I'd also done my back in so was blabbing by heart out but couldn't move to get box of tissues. OH came back to find me a blubbering mess covered in snot and tears!

FreeNiki Sat 11-Feb-17 00:13:05

I've seen it twice and loved it. Best film Ive seen in a long time.

I found their real facebook pages and he upset his adoptive brother a bit based on the public comments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now