Talk

Advanced search

Suicide Squad

(5 Posts)
Average rating find out more
snyder1994 Sun 08-Jan-17 14:40:00

Is 'Suicide Squad' an appropriate film for children under 12? My two oldest kids are begging me to let them watch it. I was resistant at first because of the name and pg13 label, but my brother said that it was only a slapstick superhero movie. I watched some of the trailers and I really didn't know what to think. Can somebody who has seen it please tell me if it's appropriate or not.

iklboo Sun 08-Jan-17 14:44:12

Suicide Squad is a UK 15. Don't think it's 'slapstick superhero' - I think they're trying to pull a fast one! grin

Spudlet Sun 08-Jan-17 14:46:00

BBFC page here: www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/suicide-squad-2016

NotThrowAwayMyShot Sun 08-Jan-17 14:48:27

It's a 15 certificate. Dd who is 15 saw it at the cinema (she's a huge comics fan) & DS who is almost 13 watched it recently at home but I would say defianately not suitable for under 12's. Very violent, lots of swearing, one of the characters Harley Quinn is portrayed as very damaged/abused by the Joker.

lokisglowstickofdestiny1 Sun 08-Jan-17 14:57:22

It's a 15, plus to be honest having seen it, it's not suitable for anyone, pile of crap. It's not as "slapstick" as the avengers style films so I don't think it's appropriate for under 12's. Look at this website for useful information on films. www.commonsensemedia.org

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now