Talk

Advanced search

Hot Fuzz........ has anyone seen it? Is it good?

(13 Posts)
juicychops Wed 21-Feb-07 15:33:15

me and dp are meant to be seeing it tonight. Wanna know if its worth it or not. Heard mixed reviews about it so far

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Wed 21-Feb-07 15:42:00

ds2 has seen it - said it was great. But then he is 15 and in his opinion Shaun of the Dead should have won a Grammy lol!

lemonaid Wed 21-Feb-07 15:42:38

I thought it was very funny, but it's rather sick humour in a lot of places so depends on whether you like that kind of thing or not. It's certainly in worse taste than Shaun of the Dead (again, I personally didn't see that as a bad thing), and probably more graphic. Another friend of mind felt it was best seen after a couple of drinks. If you liked Spaced and Shaun of the Dead and don't mind a bit of blood and gore (not all the time, just a little sprinkling) then you'll almost certainly like it. If you didn't and do then you might find it a bit juvenile.

pooka Wed 21-Feb-07 15:57:34

I saw it last night. Agree that a couple of drinks would have made it even better.

It was good fun - part of the enjoyment is recognising all the famous faces. Wouldn't say it was amazing but worth a watch if you liked Spaced or Shaun of the Dead.

Ready Wed 21-Feb-07 16:27:41

Went to see it last night. It was great fun, really enjoyed it, and laughed out loud plenty! It was a tad graphic at times, which I didn't expect, but it wasn't too bad.

Personally, it wasn't as good as Shaun of the Dead, but then that was a hard act to follow.

AnneJones Thu 22-Feb-07 17:54:00

I really liked it - it's nice to have a belly laugh at some purile humour sometimes (although not at all my usual taste). And although you know you shouldn't laugh when the old lady gets kicked in the face...you still kind of do (guiltily). Don't judge me till you have seen it

Great throwaway lines too - "Judge Judy and excecutioner" - hee hee.

Let us know what you think!

Ready Thu 22-Feb-07 17:57:52

Ha ha yes, "Judge Judy and the executioner" LOL

jaynel Wed 28-Feb-07 21:01:55

great film a bit stupid but thats what make it funny. very worth seeing.

WideWebWitch Mon 07-May-07 09:26:12

I liked this, it's funny, especially if you grew up in the country. Puerile, yes, but you know that's what you're going to get with Simon Pegg and it made us laugh quite a bit.

Lisalumps Fri 06-Jul-07 20:58:20

Fabulous film......jog on! Tee hee!

wuzzlefraggle Sat 07-Jul-07 14:59:57

liked it, but Big Nothing (simon pegg, david schwimmer) is waaaaay better

americantrish Mon 09-Jul-07 16:07:12

the first half was better than the last half, imo.

childminderjanet Sun 15-Jul-07 08:45:30

Watched Hot Fuzz last night and was really disapointed by it.
I loved Spaced and shaun of the dead. But just didn't find Hot Fuzz funny or silly enough.
It had lots of very slow dull moments. Loved the gore, I wasn't expecting it to be so graphic. It did have some side splitting moments but nowhere near enough, I wished I'd just watched some episodes of Spaced I would certainly have laughted a lot more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now